Author Topic: ProI2 > Weatherlink > Starlink  (Read 167 times)

Offline JRHill

ProI2 > Weatherlink > Starlink
« on: May 24, 2024, 12:29:40 PM »
For several months I've lost my local USB connection from the Pro2 console to Weatherlink on my computer (windows). Every day or at least every other day. To fix it I unplugged/replugged the USB cable at the computer, went back to Weatherlink and downloaded. I was growling at the old software.

Last week my DW was growling that about our Starlink connection being interrupted. I had experienced it too but wasn't sure if the sun's flare was the cause. It wasn't though. I created a ticket with Starlink and they immediately responded with direction to do a factory reset (not a power cycle). No big deal - 15 minutes. I immediately noticed that Starlink seemed more responsive. The dropped connections went away too.

After a few days I noticed that the lost USB connection to the console went away. I can't explain it technically but it seemed obvious that a loss in internet connectivity caused the USB connection to the console to break as well.

Just thought I'd share this for someone experiencing communication problems to the console with their computer.