Author Topic: Animating .jpg images into a movie, Was there a program called image salsa?  (Read 406 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
I was able to get some .jpg images of the aurora last night using an older Nikon with interval function to get a time exposure, one after another.

I'd like to try joining them into a movie to see if I can get an impression of motion.

In another life and probably another universe, I used to have a program called Image Salsa which would do that.  You just pointed to the images, told it a few basic preferences and went to brew coffee and all was done when you came back.  I used it to make movies of thunderstorms boiling up.

I find Image Salsa now, and related to web cameras but it seems far different from what I recall, and of course the computer that the program was installed on is long gone.

Is this Image Salsa capable of doing that, but just got changed in later iterations? There are cavasses and all sort of things I don't recall having to wade through.

Or is there another quick and easy program which just stitches the jpgs together like I'm trying to do?   Thx for any hints.  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline weatherdoc

• Senior Contributor
    • Weather Doc's Weather
If you want a free animator, use Windows Clipchamp, which replaced Movie Maker a few years ago. Just import the images and save them as a movie file.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Thank  you.  I hadn't heard about it.  Will check it out.
Thanks again. Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php