Author Topic: Looking for recommendations for standalone weather camera  (Read 862 times)

Offline allen13331

Looking for recommendations for standalone weather camera
« on: November 06, 2021, 11:59:12 AM »
 I am trying to keep my low bandwidth network traffic to the minimum.  Is there an outdoor camera that will upload an image at a given interval without the use of a dedicated computer?   I don’t want a streaming camera that requires software to upload one image every five minutes. 

Any ideas would be appreciated

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Looking for recommendations for standalone weather camera
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
Where do you want to upload an image to? Most cameras have and FTP option where you can send an image at a specified interval. 

https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000621163-How-to-Upload-Continuous-Recording-to-FTP-on-Reolink-Client

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline allen13331

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »
 I want two cameras (pointed north and south) to upload to Ambient Weather using FTP however  I can’t afford to have two cameras generating unused video on my Network. My network is at capacity now.   Two photos every ten minutes would not be an issue but two streaming videos would.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 06:02:56 PM »
You can do exactly that by following the instructions in the above link and by setting the file type to “picture only” and the interval to 10 minutes. It also lists the cameras with FTP capabilities.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline allen13331

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 08:25:50 PM »
 I just ordered two cameras.

Thanks

anything