Author Topic: advice for weather station and remote monitoring from website capability????  (Read 118 times)

Offline RaginCajun

Hi guys!

I'm new here, just recently found this great site. I've been searching some and hope you can guide me further as well.

I'm a member of a club that has a remote location which often has weather different than where many members reside. I'm hoping to be able to install a weather station there and get updates from it to update our club webpage. Thus members can check the weather before going out there. Mainly looking to see rainfall history and current (as parts of the property holds water after a heavy rain) but bonus would be to check current condition and winds. We have a structure there with electricity and wifi. I don't do much coding but hoping to be able to stumble my way through updating our website with that information.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for a weather station and how to grab that data for our website?

Also I hope I put this question in the right forum, if not, please point me the right way and I'll move it.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I know this is a big generic kinda question thrown out by a newbie, so I do appreciate you taking the time to respond!!!!

Scott

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Many options...
Number 1 - Davis VP2 WLL kit [size=78%]Vantage Pro2, WeatherLink Live Bundle (no console) | Davis Instruments[/size]
With a Weatherlink.com Pro account a number of members can access weatherlink.com Bulletin with current data and also on the Weatherlink App.

The Weatherlink Live can also connect to a program like CumulusMX on a PC or Pi for full local data logging and website uploads.

Enjoy,
Paul