Author Topic: Open Weather Map questions  (Read 864 times)

Offline distortionist

• Livingstone Cove Weather Station
Open Weather Map questions
« on: October 19, 2020, 11:17:02 PM »
I am pretty sure I am sending data properly to Open Weather Map. It was tough but got easier once I understood what to do. I almost gave up. I set it up earlier today but I don't really see my station on the map. Also unlike all the other station websites, there is no overview of my station I can look up.

Is it normal for it to take some time for the station to show up on the map?

Is there anywhere to see my stations readings or history or anything? Just curious, I don't care about anything other than seeing my station on the map, and maybe verifying it is sending data.
Ecowitt GW1000
Ambient WS-2000
Ambient WS-3000
Ambient WH31E x7
Ambient WH31P x2
Ambient WH31LA x2
Ambient PM25 Outdoor
Ambient WH31L

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Open Weather Map questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 11:46:39 PM »
Nope, confusingly they have a map, and their name is Open Weather Map, yet you won't show on the map. I don't see much point in them. Yes I send data there because they've said that they are working on developing their site and I'm still waiting to get more from them.They are mostly focused on data. The map they have is about showing the combined data that they have rather than highlight any particular contributing station. You can have your data via API, but not in the map.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline distortionist

Re: Open Weather Map questions
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 05:46:58 AM »
Nope, confusingly they have a map, and their name is Open Weather Map, yet you won't show on the map. I don't see much point in them. Yes I send data there because they've said that they are working on developing their site and I'm still waiting to get more from them.They are mostly focused on data. The map they have is about showing the combined data that they have rather than highlight any particular contributing station. You can have your data via API, but not in the map.

Haha, alright I thought something was odd about them. Oh well I will keep submitting data for all mankind, but I guess there is no point in me visiting their maps or site lol.

Thank you sir.
Ecowitt GW1000
Ambient WS-2000
Ambient WS-3000
Ambient WH31E x7
Ambient WH31P x2
Ambient WH31LA x2
Ambient PM25 Outdoor
Ambient WH31L

anything