Author Topic: WeatherLink Live Apps are now actually LIVE!  (Read 930 times)

Online TraderGary

• Senior Contributor
Re: WeatherLink Live Apps are now actually LIVE!
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »
@TraderGary: Just to illustrate, this is what I mean by live:

https://youtu.be/1bK46JUphFg

This is a 2-minute real-time video of wind speed and direction gauges in CumulusMX running on a Raspberry Pi and with data from a WLL I've uploaded. Not specially exciting  ;) but hopefully it does show the point. These gauges are updating to IIRC a 3-second interval. Occasionally the speed or direction will be identical to the last reading and so the dial won't move, but most updates one or the other moves.

NB This is ~x2 enlarged from the original screen resolution (must have missed a setting when recording) so image sharpness isn't great, but hopefully it illustrates the point.

That's the kind of response I want to see! Now the Davis boys need to build that in to their current WeatherLink apps. And you've demonstrated that it is indeed possible! Thanks!
Davis 6163 Vantage Pro2 Plus (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro Red
WU: KGALOGAN20 | AWEKAS: 16965 | Windy: pws-f05f9e6b | WeatherLink: weatherlink

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink Live Apps are now actually LIVE!
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »
That's the kind of response I want to see! Now the Davis boys need to build that in to their current WeatherLink apps. And you've demonstrated that it is indeed possible! Thanks!

Well, as I say, I'm not expecting to see that from the Davis browser app, at least not any time soon, though of course I could be proved wrong. But I suspect that you really need to add a 3rd party solution like CMX/Pi to get it now.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's dedicated Davis EnviroMonitor website
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Littleport, Ely, Cambs UK

Sorry, but I can't help with individual issues by email. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything