Author Topic: WeatherLink barometer quality question  (Read 259 times)

Offline hmderek

WeatherLink barometer quality question
« on: September 22, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
I'm contemplating replacing my Meteostick readout setup with the Davis Weatherlink Live local API because I'm not entirely happy with the reception. Also the barometer, though quite good, has a tendency so show unexplainable temporary spikes.

I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the quality of the internal barometer of the Weatherlink. Is it accurate?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink barometer quality question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
WLL quality is pretty good, but obviously depends on your criteria and altitude.

Like most such sensors, it's a good idea to calibrate it to a good online estimate of your local eg QNH when setting up, but thereafter (and assuming you live not too far above sea level) then it should track 1mb, probably a little better. Occasional checks and, if necessary, recalibration against a reference online QNH will give you a good feel for stability but users generally see good results.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:28:47 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's dedicated Davis EnviroMonitor website
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Littleport, Ely, Cambs UK

Sorry, but I can't help with individual issues by email. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything