Author Topic: Barometer settings GW1002  (Read 182 times)

Offline clouded

Barometer settings GW1002
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »
I have the ECOWITT GW1002 which I purchased on Amazon. It comes with GW1000 .
I set it up using Interceptor and Weewx when I got it. I remember the instructions from Ecowitt for setting up the barometer didn't seem to make sense in what I saw in Weewx. Using the sea level offsets I did trial and error in the WS View app for offsets until I got it to match local barometer.
I just loaded up the new Weewx GW1000 api driver and got that working - except it made the barometer take a dive .
I am not sure if Interceptor was wrong , or this new driver is wrong ?
Where should I put the offsets in WS View calibration for barometer readings ?  Abs Offset  with positive value ? Rel Offset with negative value ? I think that is how I had it for Interceptor but now it made the barometer show real low . I think I switched it around iwth Abs negative and Rel positive value but it still doesn't work right .
You can see in the screenshot of weewx where I started the api driver where barometer reading dropped. Then I switched pos and neg values in calibration where it went too high.
Any advice ?
Thanks
Larry
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:19:45 PM by clouded »
Ecowitt GW1002
into Raspberry Pi Zero W running Weewx and GW1000 driver v0.1.0b7
retiring the La Crosse C86234

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Barometer settings GW1002
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 09:18:45 AM »
You should follow the WeeWX user group discussion. Barrometer is still a work in progress at this very moment. The WeeWX driver that you are using is still beta. I would suggest sticking to the Interceptor driver for now unless you want to be a part of the beta process testing and discussion.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline clouded

Re: Barometer settings GW1002
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 10:43:01 AM »
You should follow the WeeWX user group discussion. Barrometer is still a work in progress at this very moment. The WeeWX driver that you are using is still beta. I would suggest sticking to the Interceptor driver for now unless you want to be a part of the beta process testing and discussion.

Okay - thanks
Ecowitt GW1002
into Raspberry Pi Zero W running Weewx and GW1000 driver v0.1.0b7
retiring the La Crosse C86234

anything