Author Topic: Dropout and data gap in CWOP but APRS.fi is OK for same period  (Read 345 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
After many struggles getting a Kantronics KPC-3 and Davis VP2 with APRS logger working, it is now working well. At least as viewed on APRS.fi.

When I look at the same time period on CWOP for station W8WLC-15, there is a lengthy gap in Temp/Humidity data and Baro. However, for the same exact time period the data as viewed on APRS.fi is perfect with no gaps or "anti-spike" dips.

I know that there have been some ongoing issues at findu/CWOP, is this just another one?

I'll attach the CWOP and APRS captures. The station in question (I configured the Kantronics and helped install the station) is W8WLC-15. Here is a direct link to CWOP data and to the APRS data plots. (you will have to adjust the time period if you want to view it online)

Update: all of a sudden the time gap is filled in with data on CWOP. The spike down is still there, but not on APRS.fi.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Liamdog4

Re: Dropout and data gap in CWOP but APRS.fi is OK for same period
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »
The same thing seems to happen on Gladstone CWOP site also ever day around 12 noon eastern time till around 20:00. The charts just have a gap on temp, dewpoint and baro and wind. I just wonder if its MADIS or CWOP site issue. Doesn't happen on MESOWEST.
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, 2 Extra Temperature Stations