Author Topic: IPTimelapse Weather Display Update  (Read 859 times)

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
IPTimelapse Weather Display Update
« on: June 21, 2020, 12:19:32 PM »
I had a request to add a Weather Display parser to IPTimelapse webcam software.  There is now an option on the weather tab page to read the Weather Display clientraw.txt file from a hosting server and put the weather onto a jpeg image for upload or onto a live stream.  There is also the option to read clientraw.txt from a local computer folder. 

Also, you can stream an IP camera video to YouTube or Facebook with weather data and there is a new option to stream HLS video from your home computer using Windows IIS or an Nginix server.  The software download is here: https://iptimelapse.com/iptimelapse-pro

-Mike

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: IPTimelapse Weather Display Update
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »
I have downloaded the software and started to use with a new Logitech C920s Pro HD Webcam (USB) and very pleased http://www.komokaweather.com/pictures/sebec/image.jpg?06260956
Not a WD user so using my IONTARIO226 WU station for weather text.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless - Komoka, ON Canada
Envoy/USB Logger/Cumulus v1.9.4  www.komokaweather.com  
WFL/CMX www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca2/index.php
WLL/CMX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm
WLL/CMX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.html
WLL/CMX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.php
Blitzortung Station #1076

Offline PSJohn

• Senior Contributor
    • DesertWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 02:29:04 AM »
I had a request to add a Weather Display parser to IPTimelapse webcam software.  There is now an option on the weather tab page to read the Weather Display clientraw.txt file from a hosting server and put the weather onto a jpeg image for upload or onto a live stream.  There is also the option to read clientraw.txt from a local computer folder. 
~
-Mike
Thank you for adding this!   [tup]
John Slama
Palm Springs, California
Davis Vantage Pro 2, FARS

Offline weatheroz

• Senior Contributor
    • http://www.jimboombaweather.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 10:21:19 PM »
I'm going to have another play with it, but the version I tried last year only supported a couple of weather details, and I was also after something that I could put a 'box' over a certainly part of the image, and put the weather details in to that.

The idea is to publically hide a neighbours back verandah area, without using a privacy mask on the camera, as the camera itself provides a source of security for that neighbour if things go bad.

I like the idea of being able to put the weather text in a particular zone .  :)
Brendan,
vk4blp
IRLP 6857 Echolink 672767