Author Topic: PWS Weather displays wrong barometric pressure value  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Plug Nickel

Re: PWS Weather displays wrong barometric pressure value
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2020, 07:33:58 PM »
Yeah, I suspect that they were simply using a "range" of values to try to determine what data was being sent instead of adjusting those ranges according to reported station elevation.
But then it could have been any of a host of possibilities.

I'm glad their implementing quality control as well though with this and all my messing around, I've got a lot of bad pressure data in their file ;-)

Fortunately, I save all my weather station data locally, so it's all good.

Offline Plug Nickel

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »
Still not fixed...

Online galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 09:26:37 PM »
I would email them.

I have also submitted a couple unrelated bugs to them and they keep saying that they are going to get to them and they still haven't. So there are several pending issues that they just aren't getting to in a hurry.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Plug Nickel

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2020, 10:32:12 AM »
Yep, emailed them yesterday.

Offline Plug Nickel

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2020, 04:37:41 PM »
Well, been over a month since I first reported this problem with everybody's station who's at high elevation (as near as I can tell) barometric pressure being wrong and still no fix.

Never got a reply from my last email to them.

Just noting this in case someone comes here looking for a reason that theirs is off.

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2020, 12:02:13 AM »
Instead of email it's best to submit issues through the support ticket system.  That way it can be tracked and assigned to the person best able to handle it.

Joe Torsitano

Online galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2020, 07:58:42 AM »
That is what I've always done, submit form via website ticket system. I always get an initial human response thanking me for the submission and letting me know that the problem will be addressed in the next update. Then a few days later I get a survey question which I always fill out and express my disappointment. Because the issue does not ever get resolved. I don't understand getting a survey when the issue is unresolved. The ticket must be getting closed to then trigger the survey. This stuff isn't critically affecting me other than to make me just feel less enthused.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Plug Nickel

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »
I already have a support ticket, so I just replied to the existing support ticket email rather than have another one opened.

I did get an email back the other day. They replied:

"Our new Station Dashboard is in final development and going to QA for review next week with a goal to release at the start of August.  The new dashboard will allow you to set the type of pressure you are sending for the station, which will help allow users to resolve this issue.
    The API team is adding an additional check to the existing platform for your software / hardware combo, to define it as MSLP vs altimeter. This is set to be pushed to production on Monday, July 20th.  This took a bit longer, as the team wanted to perform some verification with other PWS users who have the same hardware-software combo before making a wholesale change.

I will provide an update on Monday once this has occurred. Also, We have a separate task to run a script to update all the data you previously sent, which will occur after the update next week is confirmed to fix your pressure issue for new observations."

So, I'll see what happens.

anything