Author Topic: Froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weatherserver  (Read 291 times)

Offline psx

Froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weatherserver
« on: May 21, 2020, 07:47:27 AM »
Hi

Sorry for my bad English – but I’m located in Denmark (Europe) where the national language is Danish.

I have some experience with the Netatmo Weather station and really like how their phone app works (Android). I can put small widgets with some of the base stats at the main screen of my phone – and see historically graphs for all the sensors including those inside the house. However, I really dislike that e.g. their smart anemometer only works with batteries.

I’m looking into the Froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weatherserver (https://www.froggit.de/product_info.php?language=en&info=p410_dp1500-wi-fi-wetterserver-usb-dongle.html) – and have some questions I hope you can help answering.

At the website it says “Graphics & history recordings as well as a data download on the Ecowitt server (free registration): This means that all measured values of the connected sensors are clearly displayed on the Ecowitt server and can be downloaded as graphics if desired. You also have the choice to make the data available to all other users or only you have access and insight.”

Is there an app I can use for my phone (wherever I am)? – and does it perhaps have any widgets? Do you recommend the Froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weatherserver?

It is being sold as a bundle: https://www.froggit.de/product_info.php?info=p444_dp1500-wi-fi-weather-server-usb-dongle-incl--1-x-dp50---wh4000se-all-in-one-outdoor-sensor.html

I was wondering how precise it is? The mounting bar won’t affect the wind speed measurements?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weatherserver
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:31:32 AM »
You can create an Android home screen shortcut to their website. Then you can easily have access to all the sensors. No widgets. But since you can upload to a lot of different services, perhaps one of them has a widget. Other online services though don't show extra sensors.

Read up on this forum on the GW1000 as it is the same thing. That particular kit is like a GW1001. If you want separate components you could look at the Ecowitt GW1002 or GW1003.

You can mix and match sensors from Ecowitt as long as you match the frequency of Froggit which is 868 MHz.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:34:48 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
Re: Froggit DP1500 Wi-Fi Weatherserver
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:35:47 AM »
If you are worried then look at the Ecowitt.net website.
All you need to do is create an account and you can see everyones 'public' weather station data.
Should give you an idea of what you can see and do!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture