Author Topic: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.  (Read 39892 times)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.
« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2021, 08:42:11 AM »
The face diaper tyranny will continue as long as we the sheeple allow it and dutifully fall in line without complaining. Sadly, some of us have not only fallen for the ruse but are promoting it.

Isn't the problem more the sheeple that seem totally unable to think for themselves and slavishly follow the instructions of their masters to use such ignorant phrases as 'the face diaper tyranny'?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's dedicated Davis EnviroMonitor website
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Littleport, Ely, Cambs UK

Sorry, but I can't help with individual issues by email. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #1126 on: April 07, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »
I associated it more with South Park......but that's just me.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #1127 on: April 07, 2021, 03:13:17 PM »
I would think a virologist would respond to quotes like this concerning the efficacy of face masks:

I saw this comment about the fiasco of the little girl and her family on a Spirit Air flight from earlier today and thought I'd share.

"For those who want some perspective on masks, I was formerly with the US Army's Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical warfare department at Ft McClellan. I know what protects against viruses and what does not. The best mask one can get today is an N95 medical mask (though almost none of us can get one of these masks). An N95 mask will protect you against 95% of viruses and bacteria which are 300nm or larger. A coronavirus is 50nm. Expecting an N95 mask to stop a coronavirus is like expecting a softball can be stopped by a basketball hoop.

A normal medical grade mask is much less than 95% effective against any virus, even if you are replacing it every hour, which is proper mask protocol. In any event, masks are not designed to protect people from viruses, they are designed to protect against bacteria. When comparing size, imagining a bacterium to be the size of a man, a virus would be the size of a mouse.

The entire mask farce is ludicrous. First, almost everyone on that flight was wearing either a dust mask or a cloth face cover, neither of which are effective against stopping coronaviruses. Does Spirit Airlines actually check to see that everyone is wearing a clean new mask? Because a mask which has been worn for hours does not only not stop the transmission of viruses, it increases transmission. These masks accumulate viral matter, and once they are saturated, you are blowing out more viruses than if you were wearing no mask at all.
"

Rather than just criticizing someone for the way they compared face masks to diapers.

I agree the face mask and diaper analogy, while humorous, isn't very accurate.  Diapers work, they actually keep #### in.

I appreciate any virologist, especially one who accepts propaganda as fact and science, who is selling weather stations rather than making public policy.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #1128 on: April 07, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »
Just returned from a lovely day in the Hill Country of Texas having lunch with friends in the small town of Blanco. Wonderful food, the place was packed inside and out, we sat out in the TX sunshine and enjoyed the day and not a mask in sight inside or out. Stopped by the lake on the way home, no masks there, I'm sure some will cheer believing all of us in TX will die by the end of the month.

PS: snowhiker, I thought one of the big whines is about "don't you care about us, wear your mask so you don't contaminate others"? - or did I miss something. As I've said, I don't intend to get it, so the mask is tyranny to me. As far as protecting others, I haven't got it, how can I give it?

But then again I suppose some would take offense to my Come And Take It tee shirt, they'll get over it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:18:42 PM by stevebrtx »

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #1129 on: April 07, 2021, 06:52:43 PM »
Just returned from a lovely day in the Hill Country of Texas having lunch with friends in the small town of Blanco. Wonderful food, the place was packed inside and out, we sat out in the TX sunshine and enjoyed the day and not a mask in sight inside or out. Stopped by the lake on the way home, no masks there, I'm sure some will cheer believing all of us in TX will die by the end of the month.

PS: snowhiker, I thought one of the big whines is about "don't you care about us, wear your mask so you don't contaminate others"? - or did I miss something. As I've said, I don't intend to get it, so the mask is tyranny to me. As far as protecting others, I haven't got it, how can I give it?

But then again I suppose some would take offense to my Come And Take It tee shirt, they'll get over it.
Nice to see and hear about people who are actually enjoying life and trying to live like normal people.

Yeah, I just heard Dr. Fauci, Falsey, or whatever his name is, is “confused” as to why cases in Texas are way down after they dropped their mask mandate.  I think he said one factor may be people are doing a lot of things outside in Texas now.  I wonder if that means he'll give the okay for people to start coming out of their houses?  Probably not, he's still predicting dire consequences for Texas opening up, he's just not real sure as to why the Virus seems to be delaying its attack while the rate of infection is higher in more well-behaved and obedient states.

I forget the timeline and details so someone can correct me, but as I recall, Falsey first told us not to wear masks because they don't help.  Then he said he lied, but we should trust him from now on when he says to wear masks.  And then weren't we to wear them for 15 days or something to "flatten the curve"?  I guess days turn into months and months into eons.  Initially I think the idea was that we were to wear masks largely to protect ourselves, but then people realized it is easier to shame people into protecting others, so that became their focus. 

Even if masks were effective it doesn't seem reasonable to make people who have had the virus and those who have been vaccinated, and are thus presumably immune for at least some time, to continue to wear masks and hide under their beds.  It seems I heard it's even questionable if someone with no symptoms could spread it.  But then again, I guess they will shame you for making others feel uncomfortable because they don't know you have antibodies and/or aren't ill and should be safe.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #1130 on: April 07, 2021, 07:17:04 PM »
I don't allow anyone to shame me for anything, end of subject.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #1131 on: April 08, 2021, 12:41:51 AM »
Agreed.  People who do allow themselves to be manipulated will find that it never stops.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/wx/2ndhome.php

anything