Author Topic: WLL and Pixel Phones  (Read 165 times)

Offline Liamdog4

WLL and Pixel Phones
« on: January 11, 2020, 09:53:12 AM »
Hi,

Anyone get WLL live to work on Pixel 3xl or Pixel 4XL? Even Davis tech doesn't know why it won't work. They say data is being requested to send live data. They can see that on their side. Once in a while it will go live but mostly not. Works on 2 Samsung tablets and Apple phone on my network but Pixels, forget it. I think its Android 10 because the Samsung tablets are on android 9. I tried all kinds of setting changes and the 3Xl does not have alot of apps on it, so I don't thinik its any apps. Yes, on same network, not any vpn. I know most pepole want apple but I don't, but thought someone out there might have an android on 10 or a Pixel phone also. Thanks weather enthusiasts...
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, Extra Temperature Station

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WLL and Pixel Phones
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »
Try disabling mobile data as a test, to then use WiFi only.
WS-2000 & WS-2902A | Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Liamdog4

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 11:25:11 AM »
I did. even airplane mode with just wifi. Tried clearing cache a few times also. Reboots. The pixel 3 was fresh install, never had weatherlink app on it. Still nothing. I know people had wifi issues with Pixels. But everything works fine. I thought maybe a port that is being blocked or busy on the pixels. They are just not receiving the notification to receive the live data.  Racking my little brain on what could be different between the Samsung tablets and the Pixels......
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, Extra Temperature Station

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »
Pixels have the latest version of Android that sometimes causes software compatibility problems. I used to be on the Nexus / Pixel bandwagon to get the latest version of Android when it seemed to matter. But Android is now so advanced that having the latest version is not as appealing as it was before. I like the Samsung Galaxy line because they get updated months later when things have been ironed out and apps have had time to be updated to be compatible, leading to a better experience all around. Sorry that does not help you now.

Submit a 1 star review in the Play Store so that it tracks your Android version and device model, so that the developer takes notice and updates the app. I read a 2 star review saying that the app doesn't work with Pixel.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:43:57 PM by galfert »
WS-2000 & WS-2902A | Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:42:14 PM »
I have a 2XL and it works fine with that.
Mark