Author Topic: uv weird  (Read 500 times)

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
uv weird
« on: November 07, 2019, 02:08:14 PM »
I got a real nasty problem going on and need some ideas, for some reason my uv reading goes to zero after a couple hours of working ok in the am. Now i changed the uv sensor, iss and console with data logger but no joy. I use weather display software and when i restart it the uv shows for a few seconds then quits. So i broke out the spare iss and set up separate station and it is doing the same thing, this is on a different computer and wd program. Now both consoles show the uv readings just fine, can not figure out how two separate set ups can do the same thing, it is just too weird to figure out.  All other readings are fine and my uv has been working just fine for years.

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
Re: uv weird
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 12:29:22 PM »
Ok here is this am update, both stations started showing uv readings around 8:30 am and worked just fine until a little after 11 am and then both stations still showing uv readings quit showing on both wd pages and on my main site uv reading not uploading to web site on any site. This is really crazy, the uv readings on both consoles are changing so i know they are not locked up for some reason and the main site has older software than the spare and the main site has been running just fine for years with the software version it is running on. With two completely separate set ups this is just not possible, and why does it work for an hour or so in the am then quit for the rest of the day? I shut down the spare station for a few hours and brought it back on line and it showed zero uv, so what the heck is going on? I really don't expect any replies because this just can not be happening  ](*,).

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
Going to ask a very stupid question here but where are your sensors located? Do you have trees around that may preclude any energy reaching the sensors around that time?

Jim

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 01:35:19 PM »
Well i loaded a different software and it is showing the uv just fine so now i will have to go over to wd forum and see if i can get some help from that end. Why things have changed is still nuts.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 10:34:09 PM »
make sure you have the lat/long set correctly in the sun moon rise set
because if WD thinks its night time then it will set the UV to zero (as some sensors report above zero at night when they should not)

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »
Just got it corrected and now will hope it works in the am.

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 12:39:38 PM »
That fixed my problem, who would have thought that something completely unrelated to uv would have an effect on uv.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 01:00:58 PM »
you can't get UV at night time so not exactly unrelated (and you had the software set to think it was night time at the wrong time)

anything