Author Topic: Heathkit Weather Station ID-5001B  (Read 748 times)

Offline JaneTX

Heathkit Weather Station ID-5001B
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:32:44 PM »
Hi y'all, I'm new to this site, I'm in the Houston, TX area.  I'm currently looking at 2 Heathkit ID-5001B sets I bought back in the late 80's (including the manuals, schematics, etc.).  One was used at a private school for a few years, and I got it back with the sensors slightly worse for wear.  The other I may have managed a couple of bad solder joints and never got around to troubleshooting it, so that set of equipment was never used.  It's time for me to get rid of them (sell or pitch), any advice or suggestions for what I should do?  A lot of water has gone under the bridge since I got them and I don't know if anyone would even be interested anymore.  I'm thinking eBay or CraigsList would be a waste of time and was wondering if there were any alternatives.  Thanks!

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
Re: Heathkit Weather Station ID-5001B
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 01:56:13 AM »
Actually EBay would be a pretty good option. If they will light up at all and kinda work I would bet you could get a minimum of $100 up to $300 depending on the condition. Put up some pictures here and you may also find someone in the group that would want them.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 05:06:59 PM »
I am interested. PM me with details. Thanks

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Hi y'all, I'm new to this site, I'm in the Houston, TX area.  I'm currently looking at 2 Heathkit ID-5001B sets I bought back in the late 80's (including the manuals, schematics, etc.).  One was used at a private school for a few years, and I got it back with the sensors slightly worse for wear.  The other I may have managed a couple of bad solder joints and never got around to troubleshooting it, so that set of equipment was never used.  It's time for me to get rid of them (sell or pitch), any advice or suggestions for what I should do?  A lot of water has gone under the bridge since I got them and I don't know if anyone would even be interested anymore.  I'm thinking eBay or CraigsList would be a waste of time and was wondering if there were any alternatives.  Thanks!

I'm interested. Inbox me with photos and a price request. Thank you!

anything