Author Topic: WU iOS app crashes on a particular PWS  (Read 1337 times)

Offline DAJinNM

WU iOS app crashes on a particular PWS
« on: September 18, 2019, 10:03:44 PM »
The Wundergound app on my iPad (latest version of iOS, latest version of app) crashes whenever I scroll down on one particular PWS (KNJELMER13, belongs to a family member and I know it’s functioning). I can see the first page but when I start to scroll down, the app crashes. Doesn’t happen with any other PWS. I’ve written to Wunderground twice and still haven’t gotten a response. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks for any light you can shed!

So here’s a follow-up: “Victoria” from WU did contact me and suggested that I edit the tiles on the page to remove the videos tile and that did the trick.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:51:17 PM by DAJinNM »

Offline WxFox

• Northern Androscoggin Weather
  • Happiness is having my toes in the warm sand.
    • Northern Androscoggin County Weather
Re: WU iOS app crashes on a particular PWS
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:57:57 AM »
I've posted about this before. For iOS users (not sure if it's available on Android and frankly I don't care) Get rid of the %^$# WU app and install Weather Mate. You'll get the same information, even from your own weather station, and any others that you set, without the BS that you get from the %^$# WU app. Just do it.
Davis VP2 (cabled) Uploading to PWS, Weather Underground, Weathercloud, WOW, WeatherBug, AWEKAS and Twitter, using Cumulus.  Cabled = fewer problems, less maintenance and better reliability!

Northern Androscoggin Weather:
http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011/index.php
Mobile friendly: http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011//iCumulus/#_home
CWOP AV346

Offline DAJinNM

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
I just looked at Weather Mate and it’s unclear whether it lets you pull up personal weather stations. I need to see my own two stations as well as a few others that I regularly monitor. Will it allow me to do that? I’d like to know if it will do the job before adding yet another app to my crowded iPad! Thanks.

Offline DAJinNM

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 11:21:05 AM »
Ok, I do see that Weather Mate allows for PWS. It is not the most intuitive app I’ve ever worked with, but once I get it set up, it may do the trick. Thanks for the recommendation, WxFox.

Update: Only 2 PWS can be saved without upgrading.  :evil:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:24:01 AM by DAJinNM »

Offline buffy

• Contributor
  • My PWS: Garni Ventus 830
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 03:39:51 PM »
Did you try my app for iOS working with WU?

Meteo Monitor for PWS
https://apps.apple.com/cz/app/meteo-monitor-for-pws/id1452075868

Offline DAJinNM

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
Follow-up: I have downloaded Weather Mate (pro version) and while it does some things well, I have a problem with the overall design. I find it much harder to read than the WU app. Also, while it allows me to track multiple PWS, it does not place the PWS in the correct location on the weather map. Instead, it places it at the center of the town where it8s registered. In my own particular case, this places my PWS marker 5 miles from my actual location. (I contacted the app designer about this, but have not heard back.)

With regard to Meteo Monitor: No, I haven’t tried it. I already have too many WX apps and until I see one with rave reviews, I’m not going to download another one. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:56:29 PM by DAJinNM »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 06:33:51 PM »
Meteo Monitor PWS for whatever reason has only one review on Apple but on Android it has almost 200 reviews and +4 stars. I think it's great and I use Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tools4monitoring.meteo.pws
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline buffy

• Contributor
  • My PWS: Garni Ventus 830
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »
Meteo Monitor PWS for whatever reason has only one review on Apple but on Android it has almost 200 reviews and +4 stars. I think it's great and I use Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tools4monitoring.meteo.pws

thanks a lot. I'm not sure why apple users make so few reviews. Another ecosystem :) But we have positive feedback also via emails from iOS users. I just wanted to show my iOS app to users, who looking for some WU alternative app. But everybody can choose what he wants

We are also preparing "cumulus" weather app for checking these PWS. But this is another story