Author Topic: You can now upload to Windy  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Dave97

Re: You can now upload to Windy
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:22 PM »
How does one find PWS on windy? I can only find them with a link. Looking to see if there is any around me.

(Assuming you are trying this on a computer browser). Go to the lower right where there is a horizontal line of icons, just above the model selector. Click on the icon that looks like a thermometer (should say "reported temp." when you hover over it). You should then see temperature icons pop up on the map. Zoom in to the location you want and then click on the temperature.

Gotta say that getting to a whole lot of what Windy offers isn't very intuitive.

Thanks that works. Not exactly easy find i was looking for a PWS layer. :)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »
How does one find PWS on windy? I can only find them with a link. Looking to see if there is any around me.
Gotta say that getting to a whole lot of what Windy offers isn't very intuitive.
Amen.. :roll:

Online galfert

• Forecaster
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2019, 09:33:53 PM »
Windy published an API with commands to get a full dump of Windy stations. This dump produces a text file that is not well formated. It is comma delimited but different records have different lengths and it is just a stream of data without hard returns. So you have no way of knowing when one stations data ends and the next one begins. I generated this export file using their API. Then I massaged the data to insert hard returns by running a filter to insert it for me in the right places based on what I discovered after some data analysis were the first items for a record. Then I had to realign columns as some records have different headers. Part of the difference is that stations that have never reported don't have all the headers, and there are also some other wierd stations that I think exist as test data by Windy that were created before the final API rolled out. I'm used to dealing with large data and databases but this was craziness. It was a bunch of gobbledygook. It was certainly a challenge. Good thing it wasn't too much data. I did this a couple weeks ago. I'm not looking forward to doing this again...but I'll probably do it again in a few months to see the growth. Especially now that Weather Underground took away my fun with no access to station database. In Windy's station database dump I found there were only about 358 registered stations and less than half, or about a third or around 112 or so were actually sending data. The majority by a large margin were Davis stations. This data dump only included Windy and not CWOP stations. Included in the data dump was every station's Latitude and Longitude. So you could use this and then plot these on a map yourself. I didn't feel like doing this.

It's still early days for all this. Windy said that they are working on expanding the tools available and I suspect that at some point they included in their web UI a way to see just that an only Windy stations. At this point there are so few that I don't blame them for not displaying it as it really doesn't amount to much.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:37:52 PM by galfert »
WS-2000 & WS-2902A | Ecowitt GW1000 | WeatherBridge (Meteobridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2019, 05:57:16 PM »
So I don't know if i did it right but https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f06fd58d?39.298,-86.699,8,i:pressure its showing data but the models dont seem to be working
Mike K.
WS2080 - Cumulus MX b3043
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com Gosportwx.com/PWS/ Gosportwx.com/j-template/ twitter.com/GosportINWX facebook.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline mickopla

• Senior Contributor
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2019, 06:41:10 AM »
I'm uploading my data via Madis and PWS but i can only view the more up to date data by clicking this link https://www.windy.com/station/pws-f06ffa5c?52.241,-7.140,8,i:pressure,p:off
 To browse the map i only see data from my station via MADIS. I don't see the point in uploading directly if they only list the Madis data when browsing. The odds of people seeing the more up to date data are slim to none.

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »
I have 7 weather stations with MB and the configuration is ok. All show that data is being sent to Windy, however just one appear as PWS, the other 6 stations appear as MADIS and if I check at stations.windy.com/stations, for the 6 stations there is no data bein sent. MB says data is being sent and Windy says it's not receiving data. API Key works just for one station or multiple?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:58:17 AM by fredericowessel »

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2019, 10:35:35 AM »
API Key works just for one station or multiple?

If I am not mistaken is one per station. I could be wrong.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2019, 10:39:41 AM »
API Key works just for one station or multiple?

If I am not mistaken is one per station. I could be wrong.

And how to generate one per station?

Online galfert

• Forecaster
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »
You can use one Windy user account with the one key to send to multiple stations. You just have to upload with some special precautions for each station that is not the primary.

The first station you create on Windy is is station 0. The next station and so on is station 1, 2, 3 ...etc.

The Meteobridge Windy Weather Network tab settings will only upload to station=0. Therefore if you want the Meteobridge to upload to station=1 or =2 ...etc. then you need to not use the MB Weather Network tab settings and instead use the Services tab and create a custom HTTP upload to Windy....where you can then specify station=1 or whatever one you want. If you use the HTTP upload method and you leave out station=0 then Windy assumes station=0.

Look at the first few posts in this thread to learn how to create the HTTP upload method with the Meteobridge.....but don't forget to add station=X to your upload statement.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:28:28 PM by galfert »
WS-2000 & WS-2902A | Ecowitt GW1000 | WeatherBridge (Meteobridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »
Thanks galfert, it worked! Yes, the only one station that Windy was receiving data was ID 0.

anything