Author Topic: Support of the "Leuven" Forecast scripts  (Read 2931 times)

Offline kyomar

Re: Support of the "Leuven" Forecast scripts
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 08:59:38 PM »
Finally I got it running, thank you so much for your help Wim - outstanding support.
At the end I found the problem. You noted the solution here: "DO NOT change to version 2.0 yourself without checking the API documentation. You are on your own with that. Let me test it first. The 1.9 version is still the current production metno version", which wasn't there when I read that post or didn't see it and therefore of course did the change to 2.0. Reversing it to 1.9 did the trick.

You should have  posted the complete message which appeared before the complete forecast. You gave me the impression that there was no forecast at all.
I am sorry for the troubles but all I saw was the error message: "invalid forecast data retrieved, check the html for errors".

Anyhow, all is working fine now. Great scripts and amazing support.

Thanks a lot, Markus

Offline kyomar

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »
Hi Wim,

comparing the output (forecasts) from met.no to yr.no shows that they are quite different. Somehow the forecasts in met.no don't line up with the times (e.g. this morning shows the afternoon forecast and so on). I don't know how to explain it in an understandable language and I have therefore attached a pdf comparing the to forecasts.

I remember that a long time ago when I first came across your scripts I installed the metno scripts and then switched to yrno for that same reason. As the yrno scripts are going to not be continued I have to find out the problem so I can switch to metno in due time.

I have send you a pm with the link to the yrno scripts if needed.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:57:14 AM by kyomar »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 03:10:24 AM »
Hi Wim,

comparing the output (forecasts) from met.no to yr.no shows that they are quite different. Somehow the forecasts in met.no don't line up with the times (e.g. this morning shows the afternoon forecast and so on). I don't know how to explain it in an understandable language and I have therefore attached a pdf comparing the to forecasts.

I remember that a long time ago when I first came across your scripts I installed the metno scripts and then switched to yrno for that same reason. As the yrno scripts are going to not be continued I have to find out the problem so I can switch to metno in due time.

I have send you a pm with the link to the yrno scripts if needed.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

I am more then willing to investigate.

But without link a website running the original scripts, there is not much I can do.
A screenshot does not explain anything, a script which I can run, settings I can check is what is needed.

Do not change the new metno scripts as you did with your yrno scripts.
There is really no need to  rename all scripts to hakubaprintfull.php  a.s.o.
No need to change any code lines outside the settings.

This makes supporting for me impossible.

Maybe you should change the wording for afternoon / morning a.s.o.
MetNo scripts use  the 6 hour periods  00 06 12 18 UTC.  => morning is from 09-15 for your timezone
Yrno has the first periods adapted to your local timezone, the remaining are also in UTC.  => morning is 06-12  for the first few days.

Also you could try another forecast such as WeatherUnderground.
Otherwise there are multiple fine forecasts available from other sources for your area.
Just a small Google search will help you to find other ones.
Please compare those different forecasts, maybe that gives you a forecast better suited for your goal.

Wim
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:36:50 AM by wvdkuil »
Support for Leuven-Template & Scripts  at this forum via https://support.leuven-template.eu/
Script sponsors support.leuven-template.eu/userlistScripts.php
Template sponsors support.leuven-template.eu/userlist.php

Support for the PWS_Dashboard  pwsdashboard.com

Offline kyomar

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 05:20:34 AM »
Thanks Wim for your help - greatly appreciated.

I haven't renamed the metno scripts as it is indeed easier leaving them as is (exception wsFctMetnosmall4 to wsFctMetnoIcons4 as it made more sense in my case).

I am at a complete loss about the times, how they are transformed/changed from UTC to JST. Something just doesn't make sense to me. Why is in JST morning from 09 -15? Why are we moving everything +6 hours? Shouldn't it be +9 hours? I tried to understand wsIncMetnoCreate but haven't bent my brain around it yet.

I am already using another local forecast for my personal use, but they don't provide a website script. As far as I know only met.no resp. yr.no provide weather for my town (small town).

I will try to find a solution.

Cheers, Markus
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:41:05 AM by kyomar »

anything