Author Topic: Keep using The Old SmartHub! Kevin has a release version of His Software!  (Read 1190 times)

Offline ColoradoWeather

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite Model 010101
    • KCOFORTC64 - Hanna Farm
I saw your post on the other thread. I am sure Kevin will see this. I will report it as well. Thanks!

Jack

Offline bvstation

Thanks guys... these station changes are driving me crazy.
appreciate the replies.

Offline ColoradoWeather

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite Model 010101
I got a little moisture at my station, bvstation. The rain appears to be resetting itself on my setup. Have you re-powered your Hub?

Offline bvstation

Yes I've power cycled it 3 times, once again last night to test.
Yank cord - wait 2 minutes and plug back in.

As of this morning it reports 1.78 inches of rain and we have had none since mid day yesterday.
Table top screen shows 0.0

Offline ColoradoWeather

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite Model 010101
Pour a little water into the 5in1 and see what happens.

Offline bvstation

Yeah check this out - I just posted this same image on the other thread you replied to.
I changed batteries in the sensor outside earlier around this time with a fresh set and look.
Weird how it did that to the smarthub and not the on table screen.

Ohh and it rained like crazy last night at least .40 so thats why it went up to 2.09

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
I loaded up Kevin's new build on a Win 10 desktop, and it seems to be working well with my hub. I'm only reporting to PWS at this point, and you can view it at https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KTXUPATTO2.html. It took a while to get the bridging working, but I lay that at Microsoft's feet, it always seems to be a crap shoot how easy it is.

UPDATE:  A couple of hours after I typed this message, the bridging connection started going haywire, so the PWS link is likely showing fragmented data.

I'm firing up an old XP Toughbook CF-71 as a permanent dedicated host for the system. That will give the system stability as Microsoft won't be shoving updates down my throat and causing interruptions.

Thanks to Kevin for his efforts!  =D> I wonder if he has a Patreon account?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:22:28 PM by CBXSteve »

Offline kevink619

• My G+
Hi everyone,

I just got back from camping and doing photo shoots in the desert the last several days. Anyone still having issues with the rain data, etc? If so, I can look into it this weekend. It seems it's working fine for some and not for others?

Kevin

Offline bvstation

I think I fixed my issue with wind... had it set to 0 offset for some reason - put back to 100 and I think all fine.
Thanks for checking

anything