Author Topic: Acurite Atlas Elite  (Read 4822 times)

Offline magoo

Re: Acurite Atlas Elite
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »
Still waiting for the mystical Elite...

I will likely see a unicorn before an Elite.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 07:38:08 PM »
They have something online at Acurite that updates very fast. (Wunderground) I'm wondering if that is an Elite. It is using Ambient software though.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 09:32:13 PM »
They have something online at Acurite that updates very fast. (Wunderground) I'm wondering if that is an Elite. It is using Ambient software though.

Something online where? What? Can you explain that with more details? It just doesn't make sense. Why would Acurite have something that uses Ambient software???
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
The Elite's specs if I recall were supposed to be right up there with the top Davis Pro2. I guess that was a harder thing to accomplish than originally thought. Also, since Davis never came out with a Pro3 perhaps Acurite figures the marketplace is working for them the way they have their product line configured. I'm guessing my first theory is more correct but it is a total guess. (Correct me if I am wrong).

Whatever the reason the Elite is still vaporous which is too bad because it sure looked like it would have been an exciting piece of equipment. 

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 08:44:14 AM »

Something online where? What? Can you explain that with more details? It just doesn't make sense. Why would Acurite have something that uses Ambient software???

I looked for it last night, but they took it off the air. It was labeled with "Acurite HQ" or "Chaney HQ". I checked my history but when I clicked it I got an error message. When I looked for the software by clicking the little I circle, it was an Ambient software "vws 00"

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 09:17:58 AM »
I would hope that any PWS manufacturer would have hardware from every single competitor around their labs, to test their own stuff against the competition.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 11:08:03 AM »
I took a look at google maps, and see they have a big radiation shield and a lot of poles set up behind some Christmas trees. You can't really see good, and I guess that's the idea of the trees.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2020, 08:03:55 PM »
Here's a picture of the Elite from CES2017 yes 2017 .

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline magoo

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2020, 08:15:39 PM »
Yeah that has been around for years. It’s just a tease at this point.

Offline alanb

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »
Can we assume the Acurite Atlas Elite is now a dead product? There is no mention of it that I can find on the Acurite web site and it seems it no longer gets mentioned in this forum or anywhere else. It was announced in Jan. 2017. You would think there would be some mention of it somewhere if it was still in active development/testing/manufacturing.
Alan

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 09:34:06 PM »
I'm sure this will absolutely agitate many here, but I have NO idea how Acurite is still in business. They have had more returns than can be counted posted here, be it 5-1's or the Atlas display freezing time and time again, no back up battery power, no signal reception, whatever... Forget the "Elite". Time to move along. 2 cents.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 08:10:45 AM »
Forget the "Elite". Time to move along. 2 cents.

When I got tired of waiting for the Elite as an upgrade to my 5-in-1 after more than a year, I picked up a Davis VP2.  It works flawlessly, but I just realized that my VP2 is well out of warranty and *still* no Elite in sight.  Glad that I didn't wait any longer.

My next weather station will be an integration of best-of-breed sensors from several different manufacturers, or maybe a complete ASOS if they are hitting the government surplus market soon.....

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 07:56:20 PM »
What happened to Ninchehelser? He would know what happened if anyone does I would assume.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2020, 08:29:48 PM »
What happened to Ninchehelser?

My assumption was banned camp for being too argumentative in a few threads last winter, but it looks like he just stopped logging on in early March for some reason:

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=profile;u=10666

I hope he wasn't an early COVID casualty!!!!!