Poll

Select your choice for WXForum.net Fall 2008 Featured Weather Website

Alma, Illinois, USA                  http://www.almaweather.com/
8 (15.1%)
Axelvold, Kågeröd, Sweden      http://www.axelvold.net/
3 (5.7%)
Beckley, West Virginia, USA     http://www.anthonysweather.com/
3 (5.7%)
Billerica, Massachusetts, USA   http://www.billericaweather.com/index.html
4 (7.5%)
Ewing, New Jersey, USA          http://www.ewingweather.com/
1 (1.9%)
Lexington Park, Maryland, USA  http://www.espwxctr.com/
18 (34%)
Madison, Alabama, USA           http://www.knology.net/~blackjack52/
6 (11.3%)
Unionville, Ontario, Canada      http://www.mackweather.com/
5 (9.4%)
Walker, Michigan, USA            http://www.thanko.info/
5 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 14, 2009, 03:14:06 AM

Author Topic: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008  (Read 10538 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline saratogaWX

  • Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 8241
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« on: March 05, 2009, 03:02:32 AM »
Time to cast your ballots for the WXForum.net Featured Weather Website for Fall, 2008.

Our nominees are (in alphabetical order by City name):

Alma, Illinois, USA                  http://www.almaweather.com/
Axelvold, Kågeröd, Sweden      http://www.axelvold.net/
Beckley, West Virginia, USA     http://www.anthonysweather.com/
Billerica, Massachusetts, USA   http://www.billericaweather.com/index.html
Ewing, New Jersey, USA          http://www.ewingweather.com/
Lexington Park, Maryland, USA  http://www.espwxctr.com/
Madison, Alabama, USA           http://www.knology.net/~blackjack52/
Unionville, Ontario, Canada      http://www.mackweather.com/
Walker, Michigan, USA            http://www.thanko.info/

The poll will close on Friday, March 13, 2009.

Good luck to all the nominees!     =D>

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline sam2004gp

  • Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2852
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »
My vote has been cast.  Everybody check out all these fine sites and pick out the best.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09


Offline saratogaWX

  • Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 8241
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 02:13:19 AM »
A bump on this poll .. 27 votes cast so far.  Polls close on next Friday, 13-Mar-2009

Please take a look at each site and cast your ballot.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Axelvold

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
It looks like we have a winner already  =D> =D>
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline saratogaWX

  • Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 8241
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:07:09 PM »
There are 6 more days for voting .. so no declaration of a winner yet .. lots of time for folks to cast their ballot.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline mackbig

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 4128
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
Lars..
how about 2 more categories.....
a category for most improved / Canadian site....  and another one for best European....

Andrew

It looks like we have a winner already  =D> =D>

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Axelvold

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:37:49 PM »
Lars..
how about 2 more categories.....
a category for most improved / Canadian site....  and another one for best European....

Andrew

It looks like we have a winner already  =D> =D>

Thats a good idea Andrew, i support you to 100%
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline Scalphunter

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2314
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
would have to include  best Asian and Best Oceanic

Offline offroadjosh

  • Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 967
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 04:49:49 PM »
What about best Montana website  :-P :lol:


Josh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline Scalphunter

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2314
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »
think you fall in the US

Offline andro700

  • Chuck
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 316
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
There is not a whole lot of us in Montana. :-P

Chuck

Offline Scalphunter

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2314
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 05:24:49 PM »
bet more ther then here..... only 5 stations on alaskan net

John

Offline Axelvold

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
It is only 2.5% of all the member who has voted, waiting with bated breath for the other 97.5%
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline WeatherBeacon

  • Chief
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1369
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline sam2004gp

  • Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2852
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09


Offline W Thomas

  • Welcome To Life In The High Country!
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1577
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth Weather
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:35:13 PM »


     Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline Axelvold

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline Axelvold

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »
the big moment is approaching [-o<
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline Bunty

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2282
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
It is only 2.5% of all the member who has voted, waiting with bated breath for the other 97.5%

I'm not surprised so few have voted.  Because I don't see where you're supposed to vote.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/wx/2ndhome.php

Offline saratogaWX

  • Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 8241
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
It is only 2.5% of all the member who has voted, waiting with bated breath for the other 97.5%

I'm not surprised so few have voted.  Because I don't see where you're supposed to vote.

Voting is simple.. just select the radio button in front of the site you prefer (shown in the first post on this thread), the press the Submit Vote button below that list.

Then you'll see the results of the vote to date :)

Yes, turnout at the poll is very light (although 42 votes have been cast so far).  A poor showing for 1400+ registered members and much less than the 100 or so members who visit the forum regularly.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, microSferics ToA, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge/hub
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Scalphunter

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 2314
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »
think what you see here reflect the voting in any country. Real ligth turn out compared with register voters


John
KL7IFP

Offline Axelvold

  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 04:10:14 AM »
come on guys and girls, it is now less than a day left, so come on and add your vote  =D> =D>
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline AZmonsooncats

  • Current weather conditions in North Phoenix, Ariz
  • Senior Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 238
  • Me & My Little Sis!!
    • Pepper Ridge North Valley  Weather and Lightning
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 12:16:44 PM »



Well the graphic states it all :grin: My vote is Cast =D>

Jeanette
"Some dreams are in the night time, And some seem like yesterday
But leaves turn brown and fade, Ships sail away
You long to say a thousand words…but Seasons Change."


Offline WeatherBeacon

  • Chief
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1369
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
Re: Vote for Featured Weather Website for Fall 2008
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:51 PM »

Go ahead, folks! Take a look at their sites if you haven't already. You might get some cool ideas for your own site!

Kevin...
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

 

anything