Author Topic: New station 2322  (Read 1487 times)

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
New station 2322
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:24:15 PM »
Last week I got a System Blue kit and have the controller assembled.  It seems to be working fine, but I'm waiting for parts to build the H antenna.  I do have a crude E antenna attached.

However, I'm not seeing my station listed yet.  I've registered (user xxxx) and a station number (xxxx) is assigned. (numbers redacted per Cutty Sark Sailor's advice)

Have I missed something in the setup, or is it due to the server problem mentioned in the banner?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:54:52 PM by nincehelser »

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: New station 2322
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:48:21 PM »
No, you've not missed anything, other than the issues concerning the unexpected fiasco with server upgrades.. this is causing ANY newer station registrations, or modifications to current configuration to be 'lost' or 'invalid'... they will be input manually when all the software is ready... this was a massive hardware related error that completely screwed over the processing during what should have been an invisible transisition...

Please Do Two things...
1... REMOVE YOUR USER NUMBER from the above 'public' post! IMPORTANT
2... Go to this thread on the Blitzortung Forum...
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=2764

While waiting, especially since you're just running E probe, you might explore this thread..
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=2749
Welcome Aboard!... It'll all get squared away, hopefully soon... but some things have to happen before the new stations actually show up...
sorry... This was an EF6 meltdown and totally unforeseen...
Mike
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:52:51 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:02:25 AM »
Thanks.  No worries.  I'm in no hurry.

Do I need to add my station number to that thread of stations they need to fix, or should I just wait for further news?

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 12:09:01 AM »
Thanks.  No worries.  I'm in no hurry.

Do I need to add my station number to that thread of stations they need to fix, or should I just wait for further news?
Yes, I'd suggest that... there's no doubt in my mind that somebody will be overlooked, and this might help prevent an oversight.

anything