Author Topic: Console communications error  (Read 959 times)

Offline BC-Short

Console communications error
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »
I have a Davis Vantage Pro2.  I also have a Weatherbridge.  I am sending data to CWOP just fine.  After rebooting my router the console is unable to communicate with my PC (over my local network). 
The console is connected to the Weatherbridge by USB.  The Weatherbridge connects to a switch which is then connected to a router - all by CAT5e cable.
I confess that I may have messed it up by attempting to set a static IP, but it wasn't communicating with Weatherlink 6.0.3 before I tried to change it.
Can you help me find my way back?
I realize that this topic may have been covered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find a discussion on it.  Thank you for your help.

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
Re: Console communications error
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
Maybe your weaherbridge got a new ip? Can you log into your router and see? Sometimes the router keeps a log with connected devices, maybe it lists the new ip.

Regards

Offline BC-Short

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:03:07 PM »
I did check the IP.  The IP shown in the DHCP clients list matches the remote IP address in the setup/communications report page in the Weatherlink software.  I have tried "Local device ID" and the "remote IP address" settings.  No luck with either one.  The communications check box is TCP/IP (I have tried the USB and serial also).  The TCP port is 22222. 

Offline BC-Short

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
Fixed it!  At least for now.  I went through the setup instructions for the Weatherbridge again very slowly.  The only change I made was to the Weatherlink software.  On the  Setup/Communications tab I had to select TCP/IP, confirm TCP port was 22222, and select Remote IP address and enter the IP address of the Weatherbridge, then hit "enter" on the keyboard.  If you don't hit "Enter" it defaults to the Local Device ID.  There is no save button.
This is pretty much trial and error.  Thanks for your input!