Author Topic: Barani pro passive shield  (Read 18236 times)

Online mauro63

• Senior Contributor
Re: Barani pro passive shield
« Reply #425 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:37 AM »
Barani MeteoShield Pro Review.

Automatic translate by Google.

http://www.kwos.it/joomla/en/articoli/144-meteoshield-professional-new

Thanks Raffaello,
great review  =D>

Mauro

Offline hmderek

« Reply #426 on: July 30, 2020, 04:23:53 PM »
I've been reading up a bit on the Meteo Shield Pro as an alternative to the Davis FARS and/or 7714. I'm having a hard time finding out exactly how a regular Davis SHT31 sensor would be mounted. I see it would involve some trimming, but how it fixed inside the shield afterwards? Or would it just be floating?

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2020, 05:40:44 PM »
I have cut down a lot of sensors to fit the pro, i use a filter i make to get as much air flow inside the shield as possible, the big filter takes up too much room. You can carefully remove the goop that seals the board and by doing that it will let you fold the cable over and down the middle of the board which i use a tie to hold the cable in place and by carefully trimming the board edge opposite the where the cable solders on being careful not to cut the trace on that side you can slide the shield in the clamp. I use a piece of tubing to drop the cable into with the sensor board sitting on the top and just slide it into the clamp. You can avoid trimming by taking the shield off the mount and inserting the tube in from the top so the width of the board is no problem. I lengthen the cable so i don't have to worry about mounting the shield so the factory cable can reach the iss. I also have made up short cables using cat 5 splices to lengthen the cables so i can put the shield anywhere i want up to around 50 feet from the iss, any more than that the sensor might not work. I believe you can use the davis filter ok by inserting the sensor in from the top. The main thing is to remove the strain material so the cable can be folded over to clear the side of the internal shield. Really the cable length is the main thing because it is not very long. Just depends on how much you feel good about doing but it will fit.

Offline hmderek

« Reply #428 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »
I have cut down a lot of sensors to fit the pro, i use a filter i make to get as much air flow inside the shield as possible, the big filter takes up too much room. You can carefully remove the goop that seals the board and by doing that it will let you fold the cable over and down the middle of the board which i use a tie to hold the cable in place and by carefully trimming the board edge opposite the where the cable solders on being careful not to cut the trace on that side you can slide the shield in the clamp. I use a piece of tubing to drop the cable into with the sensor board sitting on the top and just slide it into the clamp. You can avoid trimming by taking the shield off the mount and inserting the tube in from the top so the width of the board is no problem. I lengthen the cable so i don't have to worry about mounting the shield so the factory cable can reach the iss. I also have made up short cables using cat 5 splices to lengthen the cables so i can put the shield anywhere i want up to around 50 feet from the iss, any more than that the sensor might not work. I believe you can use the davis filter ok by inserting the sensor in from the top. The main thing is to remove the strain material so the cable can be folded over to clear the side of the internal shield. Really the cable length is the main thing because it is not very long. Just depends on how much you feel good about doing but it will fit.

Thanks Jerry. I noticed I missed some great screenshots around page 13 of part of what you describe. Super useful! You or anyone else happen to have an image of the sf2 filter on top of the Davis sht31 board?

anything