Author Topic: Cumulus data out of bounds error  (Read 2086 times)

Offline David9723

Cumulus data out of bounds error
« on: September 01, 2016, 07:26:48 PM »
Power went off and my pc shut down and now i keep getting the error?

8/29/2016 : Error at line 1702 of C:\Cumulus\data\Aug16log.txt : List index out of bounds (0)
8/29/2016 : Please edit the file to correct the error

Do i just delete line 1702?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Cumulus data out of bounds error
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »
I had the same issue about a month ago.
Just left it alone and it cleared itself.
There was a fix I found on the SandySoft forums but I never got around to trying it.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 10:06:58 PM »
Yes you can delete that whole line, or if you have the correct data to put in that line that should work as well but that can be pretty tedious.

Another option is to copy over in your data folder the latest good data backup that Cumulus creates, with Cumulus stopped.  Then when you restart Cumulus it will download from your data logger from the date/time from that backup (presuming your data logger has the data since that latest backup.  If your log files have a shorter interval than your data logger this may not be your preferred method. 

Removing the whole line is the easiest, and you would not lose much data.

Likely some glitch in writing to the file.

Paul

Offline David9723

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »
Yes you can delete that whole line, or if you have the correct data to put in that line that should work as well but that can be pretty tedious.

Another option is to copy over in your data folder the latest good data backup that Cumulus creates, with Cumulus stopped.  Then when you restart Cumulus it will download from your data logger from the date/time from that backup (presuming your data logger has the data since that latest backup.  If your log files have a shorter interval than your data logger this may not be your preferred method. 

Removing the whole line is the easiest, and you would not lose much data.

Likely some glitch in writing to the file.

Paul

The line had a bunch of NUL,NUL text i removed them and still get the error, i also removed the entire line and i still get a outofbounds error. Not sure how that can be since line 1702 is blank.

I don't have any recent backups.

Offline ericfynne

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »
i also removed the entire line and i still get a outofbounds error. Not sure how that can be since line 1702 is blank.
It's the fact that the line is blank that is the cause of the error.

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Error_messages_with_.22Error_on_line....22_or_.22Error_at_line....22

anything