Author Topic: Weather Channel Meteorologist’s Death Was A Suicide, Coroner Says  (Read 5165 times)

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/weather-channel-meteorologist-nick-wiltgen-190907059.html

Weather Channel Meteorologist’s Death Was A Suicide, Coroner Says

Deadline   
Denise Petski
January 26, 2016

UPDATE, 12:15 PM: The Fulton County (GA) Medical Examiner’s office has ruled Weather Channel meteorologist Nick Wiltgen’s death a suicide. “Wiltgen died from major head and brain injury resulting from an intentional act of driving a vehicle into/through the concrete wall of a parking deck” and “the manner of death has been classified as suicide”. the coroner’s report read. Toxicology tests are being performed, but the results will not be known for several weeks.

PREVIOUS, MONDAY, 11:09 AM: Weather Channel senior digital meteorologist Nick Wiltgen has died following a car crash. He was 39.

Wiltgen, who had been tweeting throughout the weekend during the East Coast blizzard, crashed his Volkswagen on Sunday night in an Atlanta parking garage about 10 miles from Weather Channel headquarters, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He was pronounced dead at the scene after hitting an adjacent hotel. Another person was injured. Witnesses pulled Wiltgen out of the car and attempted CPR, but efforts were unsuccessful. Police are investigating the cause of the crash.

Wiltgen had been with the Weather Channel for 15 years, according to TWC.

Colleague Mark Elliott remembered Wiltgen on Twitter.

Saddened by the loss of my friend and colleague @WxNick. Our wx facts will never be as full. You will be truly missed.
— Mark Elliot (@twcMarkElliot) January 25, 2016
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Channel Meteorologist’s Death Was A Suicide, Coroner Says
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:54:57 AM »
How can an ME rule it was a suicide?
Yeah, the cause of death was blunt head trauma but how does he know it was intentional?
 :???:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
Yeah, the cause of death was blunt head trauma but how does he know it was intentional?

Suicide note in the victim's pocket?????

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:26:26 PM »

Suicide note in the victim's pocket?????
I didn't know about the suicide note.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:35:56 AM »
I didn't say it was a fact, hence the question marks.  Just saying that it was one way that the ME could quickly rule it a suicide and not an accident.....

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »
In the original post, it was mentioned that "Another person was injured". No indication of whether the other person was in the car or not but it may be that this individual provided additional information about the crash that is not provided in the news.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

anything