Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 634496 times)

Offline kocher

• San Sebastian (Spain)
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #2850 on: May 12, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »
Saludos Jachym

Congratulations for the great updates.  =D>

I just installed the Countdown block.
Curiously, the values are off center in circles:

http://kocher.es/meteotemplate/indexDesktop.php
Windows 7 Pr
Davis Vantage Pro Plus f.a.
WeatherLink 6.0.2
Meteotemplate 15.0 Black Currant
CumulusMX
GraphWeather Version 3.0.15

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2851 on: May 12, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »
Hmm.... strange, it is not doing this on my page, do you have any custom blocks?

When I look here, it looks fine:
http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/indexBlockDemoWide.php?block=countDown

Offline kocher

• San Sebastian (Spain)
« Reply #2852 on: May 12, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »
Yes, I have several:
all blocks that appear in bold:

$columnWidths = array(25,50,25);
$column1 = array("stationStatus","stationData","trends","rain","cloudHeight","cloudTemp","sunmoon","location","map","rssFeed","earthquakes","dbInfo","qrCode");
$column2 = array("current","countDown","forecast","wxsim3en1","interactiveGraph","webcam","timelapse","radareusk","graphtransp","gauges","worldWeather");// "gaugeswind"
$column3 = array("greetings","clock","calendarMonth","calendar","riset","dayNight","moonPhase","fireDanger","astroEvents","meteors","solarEclipses","lunarEclipses","nasaImg","glossary","co2","mareas","images","spainUV","weatherNetworks","info");
Windows 7 Pr
WeatherLink 6.0.2
CumulusMX

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2853 on: May 12, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
OK, I am unable to replicate the problem on my server, I guess I will have to wait what other people say - whether it is a global problem or just you and then based on that I will try to see what is going on.

Looking at the download log, the block has been downloaded over 30 times already today, so hopefully someone will let us know if it works for them.

Offline kocher

• San Sebastian (Spain)
« Reply #2854 on: May 12, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »
Perfect, thank you very much  :grin:
Windows 7 Pr
WeatherLink 6.0.2
CumulusMX

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2855 on: May 12, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »
Just added the countDown blocks and looks ok to me. 

Quite big in the http://www.komokaweather.com/j-template/indexMobile.php page, and ok in the indexDesktop page.

Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2856 on: May 12, 2016, 05:34:55 PM »
Just added the countDown blocks and looks ok to me. 

Quite big in the http://www.komokaweather.com/j-template/indexMobile.php page, and ok in the indexDesktop page.

Paul

thanks for the update Paul, in which case it is probably something particular to your site javier, I will need to look into this a bit deeper, but I need my office PC, so I will do it tomorrow

Offline kocher

• San Sebastian (Spain)
« Reply #2857 on: May 12, 2016, 05:44:50 PM »
I installed the block in the mobile index:

http://kocher.es/meteotemplate/indexMobile.php

No error

Hmm.... strange, it is not doing this on my page, do you have any custom blocks?

Surely the problem as produced by the custom blocks  :grin:

I discovered that if I change the block to the No. 1 column, the error disappears:

http://kocher.es/meteotemplate/indexDesktop.php  :grin:

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:53:45 PM by kocher »
Windows 7 Pr
WeatherLink 6.0.2
CumulusMX

Offline Juan Maria Vilaro

• Contributor
« Reply #2858 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:48 AM »
Jachym Hi, I'm watching the Block, "warningEUregions" of Spain, indicates 90 regions, which is incorrect, is there anything we can do?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2859 on: May 13, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
Hi Juan,
no, not really, I know about it and it has been like this for several weeks. Im not sure what happened, the Meteoalarm RSS feed is completely incorrect. I guess I will remove that block if they dont fix it soon. The webpage is ok, but their RSS feed shows crazy stuff.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2860 on: May 13, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »
I installed the block in the mobile index:

http://kocher.es/meteotemplate/indexMobile.php

No error

Surely the problem as produced by the custom blocks  :grin:

I discovered that if I change the block to the No. 1 column, the error disappears:

http://kocher.es/meteotemplate/indexDesktop.php  :grin:

OK, in which case either leave it there or if you want to have it where it was, then remove all the custom blocks and then try adding them one by one to find out which one is causing it and then let me know and I would see if I can figure out what is wrong with your custom block.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New blocks and plugins
« Reply #2861 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:01 AM »
Hi guys,

I hope you had a nice weekend and to start the new week I have prepared several new blocks and plugins.

New Plugin - Night Sky
This is a very simple plugin that will show you the current night sky image for your station location. No set up required, just download and upload to your plugins directory and add a link, probably to the astronomy tab in your menu.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/nightSky/index.php

New Plugin - Marine
This plugin contains marine-related information, I will probably expand it in the future. For now there are two pages - one that shows current marine traffic and the other one, which shows current buoys location and information. Again, no set up required, just download and upload to your plugins directory and add a link to the menu.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/marine/index.php

New Plugin - Weather Symbols
I have decided that it would be nice to have a section in Meteotemplate that will actually educate your users (and maybe you as well :D) in the field of meteorology and climatology. Over time I would like to include more pages that will show general information about how the weather is measured, some diagrams, graphs... I will try to make it intersting, interactive and fun, while making sure it is accurate and complete.
The first plugin for this section is Weather Symbols. I downloaded the official documentation from the World Meteorology Organization and then created icons for all the weather symbols used. This includes symbols for reporting current conditions, symbols used in synoptic maps to show fronts, symbols for cloud cover and symbols for the various cloud types. There is always of course also the description of that particular symbol included. And to make it a bit more fun there is also a quiz you can then play to test your knowledge.
I have created a new tab for it in the menu "Meteorology" and as I mentioned above. Let me know what you think about this idea and whether you would like me to develop more Meteorology related plugins.
There is no need to set up anything.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/weatherSymbols/index.php

New Block - NOAA radio
If you would like to put a NOAA radio stream on your homepage then use this new block that will add a player to your site and allow the user to play it.

New Block - GrLevelX
Some of you asked for a block for GrLevelX, so it is now available. It is not a duplicate of the plugin and as with all the other blocks, the point is to make it simpler. So in this case it will only show the most recent image for the various products. In addition I have added a function that will auto-update the images without the need to reload the site and you can also specify the maximum age of the image to show and if no new image is available, it will just show a message to the user that there is no uptodate image.

Enjoy
Best regards
Jachym

Note: Sorry if the page loads slowly, the server is currently overloaded, I asked my provider about this, hopefully it should be all fine soon.

Also, please let me know if there are any bugs or things not working and whether the meteorology related plugins is something you would like me to expand in the future.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:20:29 AM by Jáchym »

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2862 on: May 16, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »
did the grlevel plugin get updated too for the refresh and 'no current image to display'?

i did leave my browser up all day friday and even though i was updating my grlevel image directory, the same 3 images were on rotation, fyi. (not auto refreshing)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2863 on: May 16, 2016, 11:38:08 AM »
did the grlevel plugin get updated too for the refresh and 'no current image to display'?

i did leave my browser up all day friday and even though i was updating my grlevel image directory, the same 3 images were on rotation, fyi. (not auto refreshing)

Hi,
no this is now only related to the new block. The plugin hasnt been updated.

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2864 on: May 16, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
ok, just though i would check :)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2865 on: May 16, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »
I have the script finished, but I didnt get a chance to properly test it so it will be released later. I added the same feature as is in the block - i.e. check image existence and its age.

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2866 on: May 16, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
has anyone ever recommended a pollen count block? 

love the night sky!!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2867 on: May 16, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
Yes... me including, but on-one was able to find a data source that could be used.

When I checked it I realized that each country/state has their own page for it and own limits etc. There was one page that aggregated them all and it was shut down in March because of copyright problems.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2868 on: May 16, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »
love the night sky!!

thank you, Im glad you find it useful

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2869 on: May 16, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »
Jachym,
Thanks for the GRLevelX block. Working fine.  Took a couple of tries to get the path right.  One question I have is can the bottom margin be less so the margins match all around? I tried to adjust but didn't work.
I also love the night sky.
Tom

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2870 on: May 16, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »
Up to date again with plugins and blocks.  All uploaded and working (except grLevelX)

My initial score is 1/5 in the Weather Symbols  :oops:   I'll do better next time 8)

I guess I'll need to find another NOAA radio station as I can't understand the nearest one.
Alll French to me :!: :?: :!:

Well done again Jachym,
Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2871 on: May 16, 2016, 12:37:44 PM »
Jachym,
Thanks for the GRLevelX block. Working fine.  Took a couple of tries to get the path right.  One question I have is can the bottom margin be less so the margins match all around? I tried to adjust but didn't work.
I also love the night sky.
Tom

Hi Tom,
thanks, with regards to the margin,
try commenting out this line:
Code: [Select]
$("#grLevelXImageDiv").height(widthGrLevelX); (should be line 56)
Let me know if that helps. I was probably using some images with different format, I dont have the SW myself so I only had limited number of images to try.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2872 on: May 16, 2016, 12:39:36 PM »
Up to date again with plugins and blocks.  All uploaded and working (except grLevelX)

My initial score is 1/5 in the Weather Symbols  :oops:   I'll do better next time 8)

I guess I'll need to find another NOAA radio station as I can't understand the nearest one.
Alll French to me :!: :?: :!:

Well done again Jachym,
Paul

Hi Paul,
thanks, do you think it would be worth adding more stuff to the Meteorology section? I have lots of ideas, but I first want to see if people would be interested in putting some theory on their site in the first place. Because it is true that it takes time to do, I want to make sure the information is accurate and also try to make it a bit more interesting by adding interactive features, quizes etc. In this case probably the longest took making all the icons and then going through all the WMO documentation :D I also learned lot of new symbols that I didnt know before, dont worry, I did probably as bad as you on the quiz :D

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2873 on: May 16, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »
do you think it would be worth adding more stuff to the Meteorology section?

I am probably not the right person to ask that questions ;) as I enjoy them and will add all blocks and plugins.  I do get hits to my Metetotemplate site and mostly the home page or the topical plugins.

The Weather Symbols plugin will be helpful to me to learn more about weather and conditions, etc. and always enjoy a mental exercise.  Not sure how many visitors will stumble on the link though.

So for me, that kind of information is useful, and thanks again for providing it
Paul

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2874 on: May 16, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »
Jachym,
Thanks, commenting out that line made it much better.
Tom

anything