Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 641256 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #5350 on: January 01, 2017, 06:34:57 PM »
Never mind, it did load.

That broken image is supposed to be the Canadian flag, I guess you accidentally somehow copy/pasted it twice, because it is also above it working. Just delete the second one.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5351 on: January 01, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »
The aboutLocation.php file was a July 28, 2016 version so it must have been like that for nearly 6 months :oops:   I edited the duplication code and now looks ok.

Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5352 on: January 01, 2017, 08:52:22 PM »
Well.. to be quite honest Paul it always amazes me how you find time to look after 4 templates each including absolutely all possible extras available :D

Offline stewart45

• Contributor
    • Newlands Weather Station
« Reply #5353 on: January 02, 2017, 07:23:18 AM »
definatly a local problem, not evident on my laptop

Now I'm completely confused, totally re-installed everything on the computer, hard drive re-formatted win10 installed etc,and I still have the same problem with the icons, where is this comming from, if I had any hair left that would be gone.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5354 on: January 02, 2017, 10:53:34 AM »
 :-| Looks good to me in any browser I tried....

Just to let you guys know, I am alive :D Im just working on something you will surely enjoy :) But it will take a while to finish because my goal is again to give you maximum customizability while making it very intuitive to set up via GUI :)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5355 on: January 02, 2017, 11:28:46 AM »
where is this comming from
See my reply post #5342 ;)

I was doing the same thing yesterday, pulling hair out, as I kept getting duplicate text in aboutLocation and also the duplicate flag.  Couldn't understand where it was coming from, refreshed, reloaded, deleted file, reuploaded the original file, etc. etc.  Then noticed some obscure (well obscure to me) code.  Deleting some of that code fixed it.  Not sure though what other repercussions there will be later 8-[

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline wxthomson

• http://www.minnetonkaweather.com
« Reply #5356 on: January 02, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
First of all a Very Happy New Year to everyone.
Now down to business, strange things going on in www.skeltonweather.uk
when I open my website normally all the icons for the plugins on the menu etc have been replaced by other icons (see menu1.png) the only way I can get them back is to go into admin mode and they all appear (see menu2.png) just wondering if any others see the same when looking at my site or is it just me.

Interesting.  I had that happen once but wasn't sure why.  I wonder if it is a caching issue?  Is this consistent?

I have the same issue.
When logged in as Admin the issue goes away.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5357 on: January 02, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »
Looking at your site (of course not as an admin) and everything OK.

The only problem is that when I clicked the link, it took like 15s before it redirected to the homepage. This is strange, not sure how you did the redirect, it should do it immediately. Once it redirected, the page loaded quite fast.

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
Re: Meteotemplate set up with Weather Display
« Reply #5358 on: January 03, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »
Greetings all !

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with setting up Meteotemplate with Weather Display ?

I am stuck at trying to get WD's clientraw.txt uploaded.

I have looked through various forums and "manuals" and from what I can tell I have WD FTP settings configured properly. The WD FTP window appears as thought files are being uploaded with not error but alas, I cannot see them where I specified I wanted them.

Any help is appreciated !

It will be helpful to post your web site address and where your clientraw files are being uploaded according to your settings.  :grin:

Offline Ashes80

« Reply #5359 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
I think I have it figured out. Thank you for the reply. I will post back with info if I need further assistance. Thanks !

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5360 on: January 03, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »
Anything I can do other than continue to delete and ban the IPs from getting the endless spam messages in my Guestbook, or removing the plugin?

Not enjoying,
Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5361 on: January 03, 2017, 12:55:12 PM »
It is strange, something happened, I started getting these day before yesterday too. I think it is the same bot that figured out how to get pass the captcha, it is not coming from guestbook, more from the contact form.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5362 on: January 03, 2017, 02:20:27 PM »
I am getting no more than usual in email account (the odd one a day) and these multiples are showing in my Guestbook, which then gives an email notification that a new Guestbook comment has been made.

Not enjoying,
Paul. 

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5363 on: January 03, 2017, 02:42:08 PM »
Yes, I dont know what to do about it, I might just discontinue the contact and guestbook plugins

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #5364 on: January 03, 2017, 03:04:20 PM »
I just enabled the guestbook plugin too see what happens!

I've only ever received a couple of emails from the contact plugin, and that one has been enabled since it was release?

Curious Bill

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New Plugin - Steel Series Gauges Extended
« Reply #5365 on: January 04, 2017, 11:36:51 AM »
New Plugin - Steel Series Gauges

Hi guys,

let´s begin the new year with something you will hopefully enjoy and something I have been working on for quite some time. Before I continue, I would like to especially thank Mark Crossley for creating this script and letting me use it.

I have substantially modified both the original Steel Series script and Mark´s script to make it compatible with Meteotemplate and the database, the data retrieving script is different and I have also added many new features, and most importantly, completely converted the setup to GUI (colorpickers, drag/drop etc.). It will also automatically choose language and units based on your template settings.

Main features
- interactive real-time updating gauges showing your data
- tooltips with today´s min/max values
- summary of current, today´s and yesterday´s data
- interactive graphs
- complete GUI setup
- highly customizable
- compatible with the template database, WD, Cumulus, WeatherCat, Meteobridge

Some of the changes I made to the original script:
- interactive graphs are available for all data sources and include daily, monthly, annual graphs, where you can also select grouping
- GUI set up page, where you can specify practically everything (colors using colorpickers, gauge order using drag&drop, look and feel of the gauges, disable/enable gauges and their features etc.)
- completely different data retrieval script
- new summary page (popup dialog with summary data table and caching implemented)
- possibility to choose gauge type for each parameter gauge
- drag&drop gauge order
- pointer speed selection
- possibility to set gauge shadow options (transparency, size, color)
- possibility to specify min/max highlight area (enable/disable, color, transparency)
- possibility to specify rain gauge gradient color (I added some new gradients to the original script for more options)
- possibility to specify odometer details (size, number of digits, background/foreground colors of main section and decimals section)
- possibility to specify the knob color
- added new customization features for tooltips - trigger (hover or click), animation time, tooltip delay
- changed color gradients of the gauges (solar uses black->yellow, temperature blue->red etc.)
- changed styling of tooltips and other parts to match the design you specified for Meteotemplate
- auto use template language and units

You can basically set up absolutely everything and you don´t have to know a single line of code. I tried to make the setup page as intuitive as possible and in the demo you can also view this setup page on my server (this is a modified version in which you obviously will not be able to save the changes, this is only for illustration purposes, but once you install this in your template you will of course be able to see and save the changes).

Hope you enjoy it and thanks again to Mark for his great work.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/steelSeries/

Enjoy

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #5366 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »
Jachym.
I've downloaded steelSeries plugin (also new menu download), went through the setup but my screen is blank although graphs work.  I've attached picture.
Tom

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #5367 on: January 04, 2017, 12:27:46 PM »
Downloaded, installed configured and

WOW!

Great work!

BTW the set up reminds me that there is a big need for a goto top link on all pages!!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5368 on: January 04, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
OK, sorry, I know what the problem is, it is the solar sensor, I will update it asap

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5369 on: January 04, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
Jachym.
I've downloaded steelSeries plugin (also new menu download), went through the setup but my screen is blank although graphs work.  I've attached picture.
Tom

Tom redownload the file and just open the setup page and hit save it will update the settings file.

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #5370 on: January 04, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Jachym,
I downloaded again and all is working. It really looks nice.
Thank you.
Tom
PS. This would make a great alternative to the gauges block.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5371 on: January 04, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »
Blocks have limited space and more importantly, must be simple, remember you are loading dozens of them on just one page, it would be too much load on the browser, I dont want the homepage to have MBs of scripts etc.

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #5372 on: January 04, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
Playing around with the plugin, if I use the database it works perfect.
Using clientraw.txt from WD the gauges have all the right current data but the history is wrong.
It says my max temp for today is 116.8 degrees.  It also says last update 734 days ago and the clientraw is current.
I've attached a picture.
Tom
On using it for a block I was only thing of using the gauges.  I like how they show the extremes for the day.

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
« Reply #5373 on: January 04, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »
Hi Jachym,

Very nice. I too am getting similar readings like Tom's (117 degrees). Also the update says the station has been offline for 734 days! The data is up to date.

Jack

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5374 on: January 04, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »
Hmmm thats strange because only the first part (current conditions) is loaded from the clientraw, the rest uses db, no matter what you selected. I guess the problem is again in the fact I couldnt test anything apart from the db. I will look at it later, unfortunately Im at work now, I cant do more now.