Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 641294 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #2800 on: May 06, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
You need to specify which products are available and then the number of images available.

Example:
images available:
br_0, br_1, br_2 -> set image number to 3

Offline stormchaser911

• Certified Advance SkyWarn spotter/ Strom Chaser
  • Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #2801 on: May 06, 2016, 03:56:32 PM »
I wanna say this. Jáchym thank you for installing my new Grlevelx Plug in with out my Grlevelx I would be lost. I had Grlrvrlx on my website for a long time but since the new update came out it went away and Jáchym just installed it and to be honest it is awesome and Jáchym is a really good guy every one should use his website and plug ins and blocks as I have known him for awhile now and man never seems to amaze me

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2802 on: May 06, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
sorry, i guess i was just not being clear.

settings file i have BR set as the default.  i guess i dont have enough br images because they page loads blank since BR is the default radar type.

so, then i select the CR type it loads the CR but there is a layout issue.

http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/plugins/grLevelX/index.php

thanks again for rocking this out so quick.

You selected product which are not in the image folder:

ktwx_kdp1_2.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_kdp1_2.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_br_1.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_br_1.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_kdp1_1.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_kdp1_1.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_br_0.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_br_0.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_kdp1_0.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_kdp1_0.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_br_2.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_br_2.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_kdp1_2.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_kdp1_2.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_br_1.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_br_1.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_kdp1_1.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_kdp1_1.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_br_0.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_br_0.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_kdp1_0.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_kdp1_0.png 404 (Not Found)
ktwx_br_2.png:1 GET http://www.kswxlink.com/meteo/g3/ktwx_br_2.png 404 (Not Found)

Im at work and have to go home now, I will be back in about an hour

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2803 on: May 06, 2016, 04:06:35 PM »
ok, i removed other radar types from my settings file.  only looking for br, cr and srv.

still getting the layout issue.  get to page, no radar, but when i select cr from the drop down menu the radar since on top of the tool tip legend (usually it is underneath)

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2804 on: May 06, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »
no worries on time.  like the previous person said, thanks.  i am glad i reached out because the other one i was playing with did not look this good :)

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2805 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »
fyi, i figured out the radar types and everything is displaying fine.  i still think if you come to an empty page first and go do a radar that has images, the radar sits on top of the tool tip bar. 

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2806 on: May 06, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »
figured out how to change the size too.  have a couple of suggestions.  not necessary but if you want ideas :)

have block and plugin (map in block takes to the page with larger image on full page)
will there be anything displayed if no live images are there?  like if the images are older than x hours old?
dynamic live link in menu (live radar) if there are images newer than x hours old
block on front page only shows up if there are images newer than x hours old

cant wait to try this out with the spotter network overlay on grlevelx so me and the guys can use our site to view our gps coorinates.

thanks again man!!

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #2807 on: May 06, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »
I'm not shure what u are asking but if u are asking for live updates Grlevelx Updates every 5 Min and also u have to Hit the refresh buton on your website to receive new images. Again 5 Min for Gelevelx and Hit the Resfresh buton on your website to het the newest images.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2808 on: May 06, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
figured out how to change the size too.  have a couple of suggestions.  not necessary but if you want ideas :)

have block and plugin (map in block takes to the page with larger image on full page)
will there be anything displayed if no live images are there?  like if the images are older than x hours old?
dynamic live link in menu (live radar) if there are images newer than x hours old
block on front page only shows up if there are images newer than x hours old

cant wait to try this out with the spotter network overlay on grlevelx so me and the guys can use our site to view our gps coorinates.

thanks again man!!

Hi,
some of it is feasible some of it not.

Basically, a block in general surely is possible, but as I was not sure if this will work at all I first wanted to make sure it does and now I can see if I can make a block for it. I only had a few images available so I was not sure it will display correctly - which hopefully it looks like it does.

Adding the option to check the latest image age is not a problem.

Dynamic live link in menu (live radar) if there are images newer than x hours old - not sure what exactly you mean by this, you put a link to the plugin in the menu as always

Block on front page only shows up if there are images newer than x hours old - this wont be possible, or rather I should say it would, but only in the sense that it would show some text like "images currently N/A", but it is not possible to hide the block alltogether. It would be possible only if I made specific changes to index and that would require update of the whole template and would cause problems for people that do not use this plugin (which there is a lot since it is only for the US)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2809 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:58 PM »
My idea is that the block would basically show just one type of product (you would choose - CR, BR1, ....) and the latest image.

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2810 on: May 06, 2016, 05:53:06 PM »
@stormchaser - i was more meaning if the images are old, i dont want them playing in the loop.  i will probably only use this when one of us is out chasing, as opposed to the main radar on the front page running all the time.

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #2811 on: May 06, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »
Ok i guess im confused as if i am out storm chasing i would love this in a loop as u can pause this

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2812 on: May 06, 2016, 06:04:23 PM »
Steve, I think that what he means is that if for whatever reason your GrLevelX does not upload a new image for a certiain period, then show a message "images currently N/A" rather than displaying the old ones

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #2813 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:12 PM »
owwww ok

Offline sydeburnz

« Reply #2814 on: May 09, 2016, 06:42:28 PM »
so, did some tweaking to my site this weekend and was able to patch together a gps location script with some php to create a private placefile for me and my buddies that chase. this overlays on my grlevel3 and uploads to our site so we can see where we all are on a chase day.  thanks again for putting this block out!!!

you can see it in action now, i am the only one publishing my location at the moment, and i am at work, so my icon is not moving.

www.kswxlink.com and click on the kswx radar link.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2815 on: May 09, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »
Great job!

Just wondering, this is not a block, its a plugin, but we did talk about making a block. I was thinking about maybe a block where you would see like the most recent image of one of the products - in other words something simple, or what do you think

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2816 on: May 09, 2016, 07:07:46 PM »
I was thinking about maybe a block where you would see like the most recent image of one of the products

I think that would be great especially if it can autoload latest image.
Tom
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:09:37 PM by weatherbee »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2817 on: May 09, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
Yes, thats what I was thinking, so basically there wont be any image cycling or possibility to choose a product - no point in duplicating the plugin, plus the homepage has all sorts of other stuff so the point is always to make each block simple and also not so demanding in terms of size/code.
Let me know if anyone is interested in this and I will see if I can make one, or suggest any other thing you think would be useful for this block

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2818 on: May 09, 2016, 07:22:59 PM »
Yes something simple like the webcam block that auto updates the latest radar picture and clicking on block will send you to plugin.
Tom
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:26:15 PM by weatherbee »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2819 on: May 09, 2016, 07:29:47 PM »
OK, so you meant like that it would update without refresh at particular intervals or just that it would load the latest image when loading the site?

The link to plugin... this is slightly problematic because remember that the way Meteotemplate blocks work is that they are absolutely independent, in other words someone might have just the block and not the plugin

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2820 on: May 09, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »
Since you need the GR3 program I figured anyone who has the block would have the plugin but that isn't that important.
That it would update without refresh at particular intervals so the latest radar picture is always showing.
Tom 

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2821 on: May 09, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »
OK got it. Just one last question, how often are the images updated? Can you set this in GrLevelX? And if so, what is the possible range of intervals

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2822 on: May 09, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »
They update more often with rain but even if image is updated every 10 minutes that would be fine.
Tonight it is clear and it says next update is in 8 minutes thirty seconds.
Tom

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
New block + many block/plugin updates
« Reply #2823 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
Hi guys,

there is one new block and most importantly, many updates of current blocks/plugins. Something I intended to do long time ago....

New Block - Calculator
As a little Javascript exercise I made a simple weather calcultor. If functions as a normal calculator, but to make it a bit more interesting I also added some weather-related functions (unit conversions) and it is also possible to directly copy the result to clipboard.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/indexBlockDemoNarrow.php?block=calculator

Block update - Interactive Graph
The interactive graph is now much better optimized for the light theme.

Plugin updates
All the following plugins are now translatable (where possible) and there are also some bug fixes for a few.
- earthquakes
- evapotranspiration
- contact
- cloud calculations
- snow
- unit conversions
- WxSim
- eclipses
- year normals
- year comparison

Please note - I have already added all the strings for the new translations. There is over 200 of them. Just a little note though - originally the system was inserting your submitted translations automatically, but this did not prove to be a good system as I often had to manually correct things and in the end it took me more time checking it than if I inserted each translation manually.
This means that I now do it all manually one by one and so please be patient. As there is now many new strings for many languages it can take me a little while before the translations you submit are available for download. I will try to do it as soon as possible, but this is just so you know that upon submitting it, it will not immediately appear in the language files.

Thanks
Enjoy

Jachym

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2824 on: May 10, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »
Got them all downloaded, added and updated, and working (except wxSims which I don't have), including the contact ;)   I am up to date again \:D/

Well done again Jachym =D>

Paul