Author Topic: Firmware 7.3b1 available  (Read 676 times)

Offline corwyyn

• Forecaster
  • Far, far east Mesa, AZ
    • Sleeping Saguaros Weather  Mesa, AZ
Firmware 7.3b1 available
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:31:31 AM »
I was over on the BO internal forum and decided to check the RED firmware thread, noticed that v7.3b1 (beta) was uploaded on Aug. 9th so I went ahead and updated my controller.  The one thing I see right off the bat that was suggested a few days ago in the thread is that the link that is tied to the smoothed GPS position now goes to maps.google.com instead of google.de.  A few other fixes and changes listed, doesn't look like they did a lot to the inner workings but figured others might want to know the update is available.
Kevin
AD5VG
Blitzortung station 1042

Offline bidouilleur

Re: Firmware 7.3b1 available
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:37:03 AM »
the major reason for this beta is for those that suddenly appeared offline or idle for no real reason

this happens with 7.2 if you change ip (isp forcing an ip swith every period in some countries) and although you have personal stats, you don't appear on live maps. Tobi made it so in this beta that the ports are changed once every hour.
This is the main change in this beta with some minor changes like links to google maps ...
Hopefully this 'tweak' will avoid the idle status. For those testing it seems to solve the issue
Blitz station 1104 region 1, system RED

anything