Author Topic: Weather Template and scripts from Leuven/Belgium/Europe  (Read 201935 times)

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
Re: Weather Template and scripts form Leuven/Belgium/Europe
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
I would never have noticed that!

I was having a look at the MetNo forecasts and even though the two are linked the forecasts for the same place do give a very different reading and the MetNo are more accurate to what we are getting and the forecast from Wunderground.

One thing I spotted though is that it the day reads this evening, Friday Night, Friday morning, see www.weerstation-leuven.be/demo/demoMETNO.php?lang=en

Rosalind

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »
I would never have noticed that!

I was having a look at the MetNo forecasts and even though the two are linked the forecasts for the same place do give a very different reading and the MetNo are more accurate to what we are getting and the forecast from Wunderground.

One thing I spotted though is that it the day reads this evening, Friday Night, Friday morning, see www.weerstation-leuven.be/demo/demoMETNO.php?lang=en

Rosalind
There is a setting for that. So you can choose if you want the night (00:06)  named after the previous day or after the 24 hour day. It depends on where you live and what the local custom is.

Wim

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »
There is a setting for that. So you can choose if you want the night (00:06)  named after the previous day or after the 24 hour day. It depends on where you live and what the local custom is.
That is a new one on me. Can I have a clue please as to where to find the setting.
Thanks Rosalind

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2014, 02:35:50 AM »
That is a new one on me. Can I have a clue please as to where to find the setting.
Thanks Rosalind
I am sorry, the version for MetNo is still V2. I am upgrading all scripts to the same level as used in the leuven-Template. So i was confused with the version in the template.
http://www.weerstation-wilsele.be/index.php?p=51-1&wp=MH&lang=en
MetNo will be version 3 in the coming weeks. But the scripts are simplified, adapted for "drop-in" in Saratoga-template and Leuven-template envrironments. And writing ennough documentation takes some time.
Wim

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2014, 06:39:52 AM »
Look forward to seeing it as it is more accurate. 2-3 degrees difference so it is noticeable.
I did alter the array for the dayparts so it started night instead of evening (the same as in the yrno version) which did correct it to showing Sunday night after Sunday evening but it moved everything on by a few hours!
Couple of other things that happened, while I can add the yrno forecast to the top of my page www.mad-weather.com/new2.php if I try to do the same with the metno version I get a Fatal error: Cannot redeclare langtrans() (previously declared in /home4/madweath/public_html/common.php:52) in /home4/madweath/public_html/wsMetNoSA/otherScripts/wsLangFunctions.php on line 24
I don't use the Saratoga template, but most of it is loaded to run all the scripts, so the common.php  and Settings.php are all there. Just wrapped up in my layout. Like to do things a bit different and like working with code, but not very good with php.
Also noticed the update time on the metno is showing as 09.00 instead of 21.00 all the settings appear to be the same in both versions.
Thanks Rosalind

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:39 AM »
Changing Gizmo to show temperature with 1 decimal.

Anyone know where, think I have been looking all around in the documentation and in here in the forum, any help is appreciated :-)

Found the solution :-)
Solution: open wsHeader1.php, change line 47 from: <span class="ajax" id="ajaxtemp"><?php echo $vars['ajaxbigtemp']; ?></span> to <span class="ajax" id="ajaxbigtemp"><?php echo $vars['ajaxtemp']; ?></span>
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:03:25 AM by erikmm »
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr
http://www.danmaach.dk

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2014, 08:38:52 AM »
Hi

Trying to make a tablet version to a iPad I have no use for, other than maybe hang on the wall, showing data and refresh every minut (why, my wife hates the look of the Davis console, and I have it hanging in the office)

I have made this BETA look: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2/index.php?p=111 (absolutly not designet for other than test, design will be changed ;-) )

But, somehow, I can´t get it to show without menus and everything, just want to show it likes the attached pic.

I´ve used the mobi page as directions, but it dosen´t help, are there somone who can point me into the right direction please :-)
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »
Switched to using the printSaratoga.php and we are nearly there. I added in the forecast where they came in uppercase to the lang files and that now displays as it should, the only part I couldn't get to alter is by to Prepared by.
Still the issue with the day order.
But the other thing that has come up is, that I switched from charset=ISO-8859-1 to charset=UTF-8 to make the &amp;C display with out the ? in front of it using the Steel Series gauges. This doesn't work on the metno and yrno forecasts, it needs to be the other way around.
Rosalind

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #308 on: July 23, 2014, 08:31:59 AM »
Hi

Trying to make a tablet version to a iPad I have no use for, other than maybe hang on the wall, showing data and refresh every minut (why, my wife hates the look of the Davis console, and I have it hanging in the office)

I have made this BETA look: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2/index.php?p=111 (absolutly not designet for other than test, design will be changed ;-) )

But, somehow, I can´t get it to show without menus and everything, just want to show it likes the attached pic.

I´ve used the mobi page as directions, but it dosen´t help, are there somone who can point me into the right direction please :-)
Very nice idea. You only have to set two settings to true.
But do not use your production version for this.
Step 1: Make a clone of your current weather2/ folder, name it weatherx/  as long as it is not weather2/
Step 2: Change the settings in weatherx/wsSettingsWeather.php to get all weatherdata from the original weather2/ folder.
Code: [Select]
$SITE['uploadDir'] =  '../weather2/'.$SITE['uploadDir']; ;What we tell the scripts here: Get one step back (up) from weatherx/ - go into the weather2/ folder - go into the upload folder for your weather program.

You cam make as many clones of the weather2/ folder and use it for testing, new releases or your iPad pages. So now you have to complete weather folders, all data is uploaded to weather2/ and read by the scrpits in weather2/ and weatherx/

We can now safely remove anything we want. The template can be used in other envirionments where there is for instance a totally different menu system.
So in the wsSettings.php you remove all unnecessary parts.
You want: no headers, no menu, no side column, no bottom parts, no whatsoever.
Only the main part.
$SITE['stripAll'] = false; // to have only menu, no headers for including template in joomla sites etc
$SITE['stripMenu'] = false; // to have no menu, f.i.  when using joomla
If you do not the weatherwarnings on the iPad to show up, set that setting also to false.

You can still call any page you want
www.yourwebsite.com/weatherx/index.php?p=10  will load the main page
So if you want to have multiple sets of information on your iPad, add a few buttons or tabs and call the correct page number.

Hope this makes it a little bit more clear.

Wim

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #309 on: July 23, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »
Look forward to seeing it as it is more accurate. 2-3 degrees difference so it is noticeable.
I did alter the array for the dayparts so it started night instead of evening (the same as in the yrno version) which did correct it to showing Sunday night after Sunday evening but it moved everything on by a few hours!
Couple of other things that happened, while I can add the yrno forecast to the top of my page www.mad-weather.com/new2.php if I try to do the same with the metno version I get a Fatal error: Cannot redeclare langtrans() (previously declared in /home4/madweath/public_html/common.php:52) in /home4/madweath/public_html/wsMetNoSA/otherScripts/wsLangFunctions.php on line 24
I don't use the Saratoga template, but most of it is loaded to run all the scripts, so the common.php  and Settings.php are all there. Just wrapped up in my layout. Like to do things a bit different and like working with code, but not very good with php.
Also noticed the update time on the metno is showing as 09.00 instead of 21.00 all the settings appear to be the same in both versions.
Thanks Rosalind
The MetNo forecast is still release 2. The translation routines have the same names as in Saratoga-template and Leuven-template.  Seemed easier then.

Now (version 3) I changed this, based on these kind of user input. The translation routines have a unique name  based on the script they are intended for. Some disadventages for template users who want all the scripts. But nice for users like you who have their own set of common scripts.

Wim

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #310 on: July 23, 2014, 08:58:50 AM »
Hi

Very nice idea. You only have to set two settings to true.
But do not use your production version for this.
Step 1: Make a clone of your current weather2/ folder, name it weatherx/  as long as it is not weather2/
Step 2: Change the settings in weatherx/wsSettingsWeather.php to get all weatherdata from the original weather2/ folder.
$SITE['uploadDir'] =  '../weather2/'.$SITE['uploadDir']; ;What we tell the scripts here: Get one step back (up) from weatherx/ - go into the weather2/ folder - go into the upload folder for your weather program.

You cam make as many clones of the weather2/ folder and use it for testing, new releases or your iPad pages. So now you have to complete weather folders, all data is uploaded to weather2/ and read by the scrpits in weather2/ and weatherx/

We can now safely remove anything we want. The template can be used in other envirionments where there is for instance a totally different menu system.
So in the wsSettings.php you remove all unnecessary parts.
You want: no headers, no menu, no side column, no bottom parts, no whatsoever.
Only the main part.
$SITE['stripAll'] = false; // to have only menu, no headers for including template in joomla sites etc
$SITE['stripMenu'] = false; // to have no menu, f.i.  when using joomla
If you do not the weatherwarnings on the iPad to show up, set that setting also to false.

You can still call any page you want
www.yourwebsite.com/weatherx/index.php?p=10  will load the main page
So if you want to have multiple sets of information on your iPad, add a few buttons or tabs and call the correct page number.

Hope this makes it a little bit more clear.

Wim

Hi Wim

Had that thought also to do it that way, but then then I have 2 sites to maintain (upgrade and so on)
My original thought was to make a page similar to the mobi page, and use that (one place for everything)

But your idea I´ll try later today

Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »
Switched to using the printSaratoga.php and we are nearly there. I added in the forecast where they came in uppercase to the lang files and that now displays as it should, the only part I couldn't get to alter is by to Prepared by.
Still the issue with the day order.
Quick and dirty - it may work, reset the clock time only for the display with an extra few hours.
change line 247 in metnoGenerateHtml.php from
$dayText = langtransstr( date('l', ($arr['timestamp']-3*60*60) ) );to
$dayText = langtransstr( date('l', ($arr['timestamp']-6*60*60) ) );
But the other thing that has come up is, that I switched from charset=ISO-8859-1 to charset=UTF-8 to make the &amp;C display with out the ? in front of it using the Steel Series gauges. This doesn't work on the metno and yrno forecasts, it needs to be the other way around.
Rosalind
The yrno forecast is fully HTML5 - UTF8. It has a setting to be used in non-UTF-8. All texts are UTF-8 and converted if needed in another character-encoding.
So for the YrNo forecast is should work. Tthe ? before the C or F symbol is an error, I can not replicate that. The script to generate yrnoGenerateHtml.php is saved as an UTF-8 script and the degree symbol is hard-coded in the javascript.

The metno forecast is still V2, the texts must be loaded and saved as UTF-8 before copying them to the Saratoga translate files. The metnoGenerateHtml.php should be openend in a program editor and saved with the same name but with UTF-8 decoding, replacing the current script.

Wim

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »

Hi Wim

Had that thought also to do it that way, but then then I have 2 sites to maintain (upgrade and so on)
My original thought was to make a page similar to the mobi page, and use that (one place for everything)

But your idea I´ll try later today

The maintenance is nealy nill.
You maintain ALL scripts in the main weather2/ environment, including the iPad scripts.

New scripts are always copied twice, without thinking if they are needed for that weather folder.

IF a new release arrives, make a clone => weahterx/ modify one setting in settingsWeather and two in the normal settings file.

===
There is no easy workaround.
We could try, but still you should only test it in a separate weatherx environment to be sure and when everything works as expected, make the modifications in your 'production' weather2/ scripts.

It is always very handy to have an "more or less exact" copy of the weather2/ folder on your website.
Just the settings for the location of the weatherdata needs to be different, all other things should be exactly the same. Then you can test anything you want without influence on your real site.

Workaround:
In index.php,
after checking the requested pagenumber (so after line 140),
set the two settings to true,
only for that pagenumber.
if ($p == 'your name or number') {
        $SITE['stripAll'] = true;
        $SITE['stripMenu'] = true;
}
Wim

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:51 AM »
Hey Wim

Little confused which par to chage upload dir in:

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
$SITE['uploadDir'] =  'upload'.$SITE['WXsoftware'].'/'; // ##### where to store uploaded files (weather variables graphs clientraw)
#$SITE['uploadDir'] =  '../'; // ##### with this setting: uploaded files are stored in ROOT
$SITE['clientrawDir'] = $SITE['uploadDir']; // ##### for standard loaction of clientraw
#$SITE['clientrawDir'] = '../'; // ##### with this setting:  clientraw files are stored in ROOT
$SITE['graphImageDir']  = $SITE['uploadDir'];    // #####
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:31:30 AM by erikmm »
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
Hey Wim

Little confused which par to chage upload dir in:

$SITE['uploadDir'] =  'upload'.$SITE['WXsoftware'].'/'; // ##### where to store uploaded files (weather variables graphs clientraw)
#$SITE['uploadDir'] =  '../'; // ##### with this setting: uploaded files are stored in ROOT
$SITE['clientrawDir'] = $SITE['uploadDir']; // ##### for standard loaction of clientraw
#$SITE['clientrawDir'] = '../'; // ##### with this setting:  clientraw files are stored in ROOT
$SITE['graphImageDir']  = $SITE['uploadDir'];    // #####
There are two, the first one points to your normal uploadWd folder.
The second one is commented and can be used to point to the root (see the WiKi).
The other lines use the $SITE['uploadDir'] value to point to the correct upload folder also. If for one reason or antother you can not upload all data to the same location, you can modify these locations.
===
So you only have to modify the first setting.
All other settings will be reading that value and using it.
$SITE['uploadDir'] =  '../weather2/'. 'upload'.$SITE['WXsoftware'].'/';or
$SITE['uploadDir'] =  '../weather2/uploadWD/';The value for $SITE['uploadDir'] now points to the weather2/uploadWD/ folder.
So testtags is read from that location.
clientrawDir and graphImageDir do not have to change as they automatically now read from weather2/uploadWD/ also.

Wim
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:39:10 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

That did the trick, thanks again Wim, super service :-)
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »
Wim

Your solution works perfect, with 2 sites, getting data from 1 site, but I have an issue with the css.
Take a look here: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2_tablet/

I have tried the whole evening to make the background white and centering the view, but nothing I do helps.
I have been working on the stylemain20.css and the styleMood20.css......but, no luck - any possibility you could help n old man again ;-)
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »
Wim

Your solution works perfect, with 2 sites, getting data from 1 site, but I have an issue with the css.
Take a look here: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2_tablet/

I have tried the whole evening to make the background white and centering the view, but nothing I do helps.
I have been working on the stylemain20.css and the styleMood20.css......but, no luck - any possibility you could help n old man again ;-)
I will look into it tomorrow.

As I may advise you:
1. Take the  exact copy of weather2/
2. Set the settings to true to skip all menu sidcolumns and so on.
3. test with an existing but very simple page
http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2_tablet/index.php?p=45
4. then we have to find the small CSS modifications necessary

After an existing well tested page is working as expected:

5. Use a newpage script to make your own script
But DO NOT include headings end the like again in the page.
<div id="pagina" style="width:800px; position: relative; z-index: 2;">
<!-- module wsWarning.php ==== version: 2.5a 2014-04-30 -->
<div id="data-area" style="width: 650px; ">
<!-- index.php: loading program: tablet/tablet.php -->
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta content="yes" name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" />
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
<meta content="minimum-scale=1.0, width=device-width, maximum-scale=0.6667, user-scalable=no" name="viewport" />
<script src="mobi/mobiFunctions.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="mobi/mobiStyle.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" />
Multiple heads and css mess things up.

6. Add all ipad code and other header extensions in a seperate file and let the menu system take care of that.
7. Wait with adding iPad code until the page displays correct  in a normal browser.

Can you please send me the script itself? I will give it a try

Wim

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #318 on: July 23, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »
Wim

Thats a deal, I´ll send you the very basic script and do what you tell me :-)
But I´ts going to be tomorrow, I´m on the way to bed now, hard day at work today :-)
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2014, 02:36:34 AM »
Wim

Script attached

Just be aware that my programming skills is very low, and I´m trying to figure it out and learn ;-)

As promised, put the code into new page as you suggested and in settings.php made these changes:

$SITE['pageWidth'] = '800';
$SITE['menuPlace']  = 'V';
$SITE['header'] = '1';
$SITE['colorNumber'] = 1;
$SITE['colorStyles'] = array
$SITE['sideDisplay'] = false;
$SITE['bottomDysplay'] = false;
$SITE['showVisitors'] = false;
$SITE['ajaxGizmoShow'] = false;
$SITE['stripAll'] = true;
$SITE['stripMenu'] = true;
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:38:43 AM by erikmm »
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #320 on: July 24, 2014, 05:14:13 AM »
Wim

Been playing a litle around, try take a look now: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2_tablet/ ;-)
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »
Wim

Think I got it to work  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Remember this a workaround, and I have to go to choose the colorscheme: green, otherwise it dosen´t work (maybe i change the other color schemes later)

If you want to try it:

- Goto: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2_tablet/index.php?p=16
- Choose color and style: Green
- Go to: http://byvejr.danmaach.dk/weather2_tablet

Things to sort out:

- Page open in full screen
- Page update every minut og so

More to come, now I´ll test the next days  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks for all your help so far, and if you come up with better programming (so it fits better into your template), just let me know.

Thanks again, you are eminent :-)

ohh, just added a screenshot :-)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:32:20 PM by erikmm »
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2014, 03:09:09 PM »
Hi

I´m trying to print out the ISS status, Reception status and battery voltage, but i have looked anywhere, and I can´t seem to find the tags.
I have been looking in testtag.txt and so on.

So my question is, are there somewhere where I haven´t been looking properly ;-)

Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
Hi

I´m trying to print out the ISS status, Reception status and battery voltage, but i have looked anywhere, and I can´t seem to find the tags.

So my question is, are there somewhere where I haven´t been looking properly ;-)
These tags are not included in the default tag-files. But if your weatherprogram and weatherstation support them, you can add them to the tag-files yourself.

Wim

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #324 on: August 01, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
Hi

These tags are not included in the default tag-files. But if your weatherprogram and weatherstation support them, you can add them to the tag-files yourself.

Wim

I´m using WD, so if I find the tag name, I´ll just make new inserts in testtags.txt, copy testtags.txt to webfiles folder in WD nd then let WD uploas as usual?
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr