Author Topic: Wunderground missing data  (Read 739 times)

Offline NJ1995

Wunderground missing data
« on: June 16, 2020, 07:25:51 PM »
It looks like everyone's data from June 9th has disappeared? Any idea if this usually gets sorted out and rectified if it has happened before. I know they were having a few issues on 9/10th but mine was back up and running from 2am so managed to record daily stats, max/min temp etc and it was viewable till yesterday... annoying as I didn't make note and don't have my data to any other third party 😤

Offline etaf

• Contributor
    • PWS - ewittW8686etaf
Re: Wunderground missing data
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
yep, i have lost all of the 9th as mentioned on WU just the 1 day (9th)  by the look of it
Luckily , I also feed various other sites
interesting to see how long to recover , posted a support email to them 00:38
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 07:39:45 PM by etaf »

Offline Plug Nickel

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:40:34 PM »
June 9th just happened to be Microsoft update Tuesday...

Used Weather Underground for many years before dumping them, could be Microsoft update Tuesday, but then with WU's track record...

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
It looks like I lost my data for June 8. I wouldn’t have my hopes up that WU will fix the missing data. I complained to them because I lost data from January 29,2020 - February 3, 2020 and I did get a response from Victoria. She said she found some of my data from the API but there wasn’t any point for them to reupload the data. She offered to send me the data in JSON format, but I don’t know how to manipulate that to make it useful. I have the data elsewhere anyway, but I’m still holding on to hope that WU will add back some of their lost features like downloading csv files.

If PWS Weather adds the ability to download data and support “rapid fire”,  I’ll probably stop sending my data to WU altogether.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »
This is bringing back bad memories of July 2019 when we started losing days of WU data. It began as a totally random thing. First a day and then two all the while skipping days here and there. It was totally random. Then months went by and the problem was fixed but the entire month of July was full of holes of missing days like almost half of the month in total randomness. Then after several months the data did come back. Meaning they receive it all..it is just that they were not displaying it. Maybe they had to restore from backup. I hope this isn't the beginning of that all over again. Strange it was last Summer too.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline funsutton

• Contributor
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 11:34:30 PM »
My June 8th data is gone too. It does have my highs and lows though.