Author Topic: WS View "Customized"  (Read 22615 times)

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
WS View "Customized"
« on: May 16, 2019, 02:08:31 PM »
Hello

Anyone managed to get the customized upload to work?

Have tried different combinations, local and remote host but Weather Station (WH2910C, branded as Ventus W830) never contacts the php script :/

Upload to Ecowitt.net og Weathercloud works fine.

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:49:35 PM by droiddk »

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
Re: WS View "Customized"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:06:45 AM »
Upgraded to firmware 1.3.4 this morning but still no luck.

Regards

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
Customized upload using "Wunderground" protocol is running now. Can describe how if anyone wants it 

Cant figure out how to get the data using "Ecowitt" protocol. I can see in server logs that Ecowitt protocol is using POST (Wunderground is using GET). Can also see that weather station is contacting server/data/report (no file specified? Looking for index.php?) but server throws 301 status :/

Regards

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:16:32 AM by droiddk »

Offline farcus

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »
Upgraded to firmware 1.3.4 this morning but still no luck.

Regards

where did you get 1.3.4 firmware?
About a week ago I was prompted to update firmware to 1.3.2 that introduced "ecowitt" & "custom" but haven't seen any further updates since then.

Offline farcus

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 01:09:06 AM »
never mind . . . 1.3.4 was pushed through in an update earlier today.
interestingly, WU is still reporting 1.3.2 as being used.

Offline Weatherwx85

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 01:54:57 AM »
Customized upload using "Wunderground" protocol is running now. Can describe how if anyone wants it 

Yes please that would be great, been trying to get it to send to weewx.

Thanks

Offline Weatherwx85

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 08:10:49 AM »
I have sorted it, seems you have to use a hostname rather than an IP address.

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 08:47:47 AM »
I have sorted it, seems you have to use a hostname rather than an IP address.

I have not tried with IP adress but found out that if your website is domain.net, then you have to type domain.net into "hostname/ip" Weather station will then look for script in http://www.domain.net/weatherstation Script has to be called updateweatherstation.php so this address needs to be valid: http://www.domain.net/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php but one shall only type domain.net into WS View.
Script needs to catch the data by the HTTP get request. In php $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] can catch all keys and values in the query string.

So far so good with the Wunderground protocol, next is Ecowitt protocol but I'm stuck, need more documentaton, Lucy  :grin: :grin:

Regard

Offline mafen

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »
Some more documentation would have been great, since i am trying to do the same

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »
Some more documentation would have been great, since i am trying to do the same

My first attempts were blocked by my server firewall. Had to allow access to the script from the console.

Offline Weatherwx85

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »
I have noticed since the recent firmware (currently 1.3.7) the port section in the app is ignored so it only uses port 80. Mine stopped working after the update a quick tcpdump reveiled the port change to 80 ignoring the 8090 that I had set and was listening on (weewx), changed the listening port to 80 and all is good again :)

Agree could have more documentation.

Offline mafen

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 06:08:07 PM »
I have noticed since the recent firmware (currently 1.3.7) the port section in the app is ignored so it only uses port 80. Mine stopped working after the update a quick tcpdump reveiled the port change to 80 ignoring the 8090 that I had set and was listening on (weewx), changed the listening port to 80 and all is good again :)

Agree could have more documentation.

I have found out that the app wont update unless you click the save button and the finish button

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 09:41:38 AM »
I have found out that the app wont update unless you click the save button and the finish button

Do you use Wunderground or Ecowitt protocol?

Offline Weatherwx85

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 01:05:25 PM »

Do you use Wunderground or Ecowitt protocol?

I am using Wunderground

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 03:47:20 PM »
I am using Wunderground

Ok. Do not try Ecowitt.net protocol, It wont work if your web-server is running Apache which is quite common: https://news.netcraft.com/archives/2019/02/28/february-2019-web-server-survey.html

Ecowitt.net protocol will post to http://www.example.net/data/report Notice there is no trailing / Therefore the Apache server will redirect the request to http://www.example.net/data/report/ and look for index.php in that folder but the POST data will not survive the redirect!

Documentation: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12302516/why-do-i-get-a-301-redirect-to-folder-name-with-slash and: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42925865/post-data-is-not-recieved-on-destination-url

I have made a small .php script that is sending a POST request to the same script that shall catch the request from the weather station console and all is fine when using http://www.example.net/data/report/ as URL but not when using http://www.example.net/data/report as URL.

Cant get ecowitt.net procotol to work and my theory is above. Request from weather station console always gets html 301 status (in server log) so I'm pretty sure above is correct.

If my theory is right (I hope not because it would be nice to have the option), then maybe there should be a note about it...somewhere...in the documentation?

I have had some mails about this with Lucy and support have been great, but without finding out excatly what is going on.

Anyway, Wunderground protocol is working great! So maybe we don't need the Ecowitt.net protocol at all!?

Will do last tests tomorrow.

Regards
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:58:22 PM by droiddk »

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »
Update:

Thanks to great support by Lucy and the team at Ecowitt the customized upload option using Ecowitt.net protocol is now also working with Apache servers!

Kind Regards

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »
OK, that's great news....I shall explore your work!

The big benefit of the ecowitt.net data over the WU format is that it includes (I assume) the additional sensor data that WU does not support.
Can you confirm that?
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 12:16:03 PM »
OK, that's great news....I shall explore your work!

The big benefit of the ecowitt.net data over the WU format is that it includes (I assume) the additional sensor data that WU does not support.
Can you confirm that?

I don't have extra sensors so cant confirm this.
But yes, it should include extra sensors.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:19:23 PM by droiddk »

Offline KenW

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 02:58:40 AM »
 [tup]  Thank you very much for this thread.

I bought a Fine Offset WH2950, to save me having to maintain a Linux server which was receiving data from my previous WH3081.
The WH2950 is uploading to Wunderground, Weathercloud and Ecowitt just fine, but I don't like the displays those sites give me.
So I thought I'd use the 'Customized' setting to upload to my own hosted website, stuff the data into a MySQL DB, and display it how I want, both for a PC browser and a phone browser.  I will also be able to do the same for a mate's weatherstation at a different location, with hardly any extra software.

Until this thread, I had no idea how to get the Customized settings working.
Happily I can now capture both the Wunderground and Ecowitt formats.  I don't have extra sensors, so I'll use whichever seems to make most sense.
I guess there is no way to get the WH2950 to send in metric, so a first task will be to convert all the readings.
(I code in PHP, which works fine for this sort of thing.)

Thanks again for a very informative thread and forum.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 05:39:22 AM »
For the record I was under the impression that the consoles sent the data formatted to whatever you have the display settings set to.
In other words if you display metric then the raw data transmitted via the custom option is metric as well. I am wondering if flags are also transmitted so that external systems 'know' what format the data is in so can process it correctly?
Anyone know?
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 05:51:45 AM »
[tup]  Thank you very much for this thread.

I bought a Fine Offset WH2950, to save me having to maintain a Linux server which was receiving data from my previous WH3081.
The WH2950 is uploading to Wunderground, Weathercloud and Ecowitt just fine, but I don't like the displays those sites give me.
So I thought I'd use the 'Customized' setting to upload to my own hosted website, stuff the data into a MySQL DB, and display it how I want, both for a PC browser and a phone browser.  I will also be able to do the same for a mate's weatherstation at a different location, with hardly any extra software.

Until this thread, I had no idea how to get the Customized settings working.
Happily I can now capture both the Wunderground and Ecowitt formats.  I don't have extra sensors, so I'll use whichever seems to make most sense.
I guess there is no way to get the WH2950 to send in metric, so a first task will be to convert all the readings.
(I code in PHP, which works fine for this sort of thing.)

Thanks again for a very informative thread and forum.

Glad you like it  [tup]

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 05:52:25 AM »
I was under the impression that the consoles sent the data formatted to whatever you have the display settings set to.

This is not the case.

Regards

Offline KenW

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »
Still a work in progress, but I have my WH2950 weatherstation data captured and displayed on my hosted website.
Info at https:/waggies.net/weather.

A screen optimised for a phone browser is at https:/waggies.net/ws.
-It displays in larger font on a phone than a PC.  At this minute the name shown depends on whether you come from an iPhone or not.  -I'm going to host a mate's weathersation as well, and he has an iPhone.  That will change, I'll give him a different URL.

My code is all PHP.  Now to add graphs of historical data... That will probably need some Javascript.
Its thanks to info in this thread that I could get the data capture working at all.  Why the manufacturer couldn't readily supply the info beats me.  An extra few sentences in the user manual would have done it.

I'm using the ecowitt format.  Note that it automatically sends a station ID which presumably one has to register at ecowitt to get (I did).
The Wunderground format sends a user-settable key and Id.

Offline diego

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 02:45:11 PM »
hi friends!

someone can help me with the ecowitt.net customize. how to set the WS app and the step to set my server ..i don`t know how to make the gw1000 send ecowitt data to my server .

thank you

Offline KenW

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 03:20:47 AM »
I've had my WH2950 operating for some days now.  Have been collecting the data for that time.  Now collecting it on my own hosted server.  Today the WS went off air for a few hours.  I got an email from Weathercloud telling me it was offline.
I came home, ran the WS View app, re-saved the customized setting, and now its back.
Don't know if that re-saving did anything or not.

Has anyone else had this happen?  -I don't know if I lost the Internet at home or not -wife and I were both out.

anything