Author Topic: VWS and WeatherLink question  (Read 1506 times)

Offline GeorgeDunham

VWS and WeatherLink question
« on: December 03, 2021, 06:31:21 PM »
I am trying to figure out WeatherLink.com  I am baffled by how data flows to it.  I am wondering if Weather Link needs to be running in order for data to flow to WeatherLink.com  ....so... can VWS be running when WeatherLink is running or will it crash?  I've been using VWS for years and have not researched alternatives.  Are there any good alternates to VWS?

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: VWS and WeatherLink question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 07:06:37 PM »
Hi,
I am wondering if Weather Link needs to be running in order for data to flow to WeatherLink.com
Yes, with USB or serial logger with Weatherlink PC running, or WeatherlinkIP logger, can send data to Weatherlink.com.  In Weatherlink PC go to Setup, Weatherlink Network and enter Device ID and Key.

can VWS be running when WeatherLink is running or will it crash?
if you can get Virtual VP working on your PC then you can run more than one program, i.e. VWS and Weatherlink PC.  Otherwise only one program at a time.

I've been using VWS for years and have not researched alternatives.  Are there any good alternates to VWS?
CumulusMX is an excellent program that has ongoing development and works with all Davis stations and loggers Software - Cumulus Wiki

Enjoy,
Paul

Online Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: VWS and WeatherLink question
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 09:12:29 AM »
I use VVPro to support WxSolution, Add In Wx, WD, Cumulus, VWS, WL, and WV32. VWS generates very nice graphics which my Kodak wireless 10 inch picture frame displays as a slide show. (Yes I know that some of these are no longer supported as well as Loop 2 blah blah blah... but it all works very nicely). This is all fed by an Envoy with a serial Data logger. I have a second Envoy that has a WiFiLogger that sends data to WL.com as well.