Author Topic: Food for thought...MIT no less.  (Read 4124 times)

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Re: Food for thought...MIT no less.
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2021, 04:24:16 PM »
Well, assuming we're still marching to the CDC drumbeat, if you got your shots, BBQ the mask, you're good to go indoors, no mask, no anti-social distancing. Now we'll see how that flies with the politicians?

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2021, 05:49:20 PM »
Mr. Biden took his off today didn't he? Along with others?

Proper thing if vaccinated I figure.

If Junior wasn't so slow here I might have second stab by now.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2021, 03:00:33 AM »
Yea, the mayor of Stillwater has decided to end the required mask ordinance early as of Friday at 3pm. It was going to end May 25.  Mayor Joyce made his decision based on updated CDC guidance and improved local conditions, in consultation with local health officials.

As of May 12, Payne County had 17 active COVID-19 cases, a significant decrease from the 132 active cases the week of April 21, according to the City of Stillwater release. As of May 10, Payne County had 0.7 cases per 100,000 people which places the county in the Green COVID-19 Risk Level, the lowest level.

“This is an exciting step in the nation’s fight against the pandemic,” Mayor Joyce said. “It demonstrates the power and benefit of the vaccine. Without a doubt, the vaccine is making a real difference and I encourage everyone who is able to get vaccinated.”

“The CDC continues to recommend face masks for all non-vaccinated people in most cases,” Joyce said. “In addition, local businesses, schools and other entities may also continue to require face masks. We ask Stillwater residents to follow the CDC guidelines and respect the requirements of local businesses and others.”

Stillwater Police Department will continue to respond to trespassing complaints for businesses or other entities who still require masks.  City manager McNickle said SPD has not been called to do that many times over the past year.  "You could count it on one hand," he said.

On May 13, the CDC announced that individuals who have received the vaccine may stop wearing masks and are no longer required to social distance in most indoor and outdoor settings. Those who have not been vaccinated for the coronavirus are advised to continue to wear masks and social distance.

The CDC guidelines continue to recommend masks and social distancing for vaccinated individuals in a variety of situations, including air, bus and other public transportation; visiting doctors’ offices, hospitals or long-term care facilities; and visiting prisons and jails.

OSU has also dropped mask requirements.  Two exceptions for this change exist — masks remain required on OSU transportation buses and in certain areas of University Health Services.  OSU officials have confirmed that this ruling will extend into the fall semester unless a change in guidance comes from the CDC.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:37:03 AM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2021, 02:06:08 PM »
need a sense of humor… :grin:

Fauci now recommends you wear a mask over your eyes so you can't see his emails
😁

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2021, 05:21:40 PM »
need a sense of humor… :grin:

Fauci now recommends you wear a mask over your eyes so you can't see his emails
😁
The Fauci Follies weren't at all entertaining or enlightening (except about his hubris)!
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2021, 06:15:24 PM »
I'll be soooooo glad when I can open a news website and NOT see his face. I hope to live long enough to see that!

Texas is pretty much open, grocery stores, Home Depot etc won't pounce on you for not wearing a mask. I was at the Lake today and a group must have been having a company picnic, it was great, probably 50 people and kids not a mask in sight. I'll be heading up through OK and KS to NE on July 1st for the reunion so we'll see what happens up there, I know NE is open, but the others I'm not sure.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2021, 12:44:17 AM »
 :grin:

I saw my dentist today, well at least I think it was her she'd that much biohazard wear on I though there'd been another leak at Chernobyl

humor…. :-)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2021, 04:45:52 AM »
i guess not so humorous  :grin:

my vaccinations experience with Pfizer Biontech ..
1st Dose
side effects
none apart from same day in the evening completely nailed too sofa by 7pm no energy to move.next morning no symptoms whatsoever.

2nd dose
side effects
by early evening 10 -12 hours later very tired ,dizziness,light headed ,drowsy.next morning felt like Ive been hit by a bus ,feeling passed within an hour , later in day feeling weak, aching muscles,pains in elbows, early cold like symptons thinking WTF wasnt expecting this .

2 days later still felt lethargic by afternoon like a new man ..literally the feeling disappears almost like its been cut with a knife..

moral of this dont panic , it passes Ive had worser feelings like food poisoning,flu, in fact id say recovering from a meniscus operation has far more painful side effects as i experienced a few years ago..

so man up it passes ..stay healthy all..

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2021, 09:30:27 AM »
My second one was about as predicted the next day I felt lousy, achy, mild fever etc. but it passed by afternoon, but then an unusual thing happened, my blood pressure went down. My typical pattern of high in the morning has now dropped to being almost low in the morning. I did a 12 day average before and after the shot and it's dropped on average 5 points. I've changed absolutely nothing in my daily routine. Was it because of the shot? - who can say? I won't see my doc again until next month, it will be interesting to see what she has to say.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2021, 03:21:11 AM »
I don't believe anything fully, not even you.
Now THAT is refreshing to hear. =D>

Now, I do believe the good percentage of vaccinations,  and the fact that many have already contracted it, is paying off over broad areas.

Time to make hay while the sun shines.

But now we see Delta problems in low vaccine areas. It's science......but its not Rocket Science. Get the stab folks!

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2021, 03:43:14 AM »
we can only do has advised but the alarm bells are beginning to ring ,the inefficiency of the vaccines are becoming apparent ,im not anti vaccine i had or completed two doses of biontech,pfeizer a couple months ago .what we saw come out of the UK yesterday from the health ministry was alarming , out of 900+ people hospitalized 265 of those had received two doses .this was an official statement not some fake news ,scaremongering site .

we are going to have live with this and adapt .here in turkey for those who had received the sinovac chinese vaccine are now advised to receive a third dose after 4 weeks of having there 2 dose.
watch the scenario evolving in the southern hemisphere and south east asia somewhat mind blowing .

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2021, 05:10:57 AM »
I'm not sure I have completely Rosy outlook for the future.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2021, 04:36:07 PM »
That's because you're listening to the idiots. So, now it's the "delta variant"??? It's just the next chapter in virus scam 101 and they will keep pulling this garbage on us every flue season or any time some whacko comes up with a potential new problem. GET OVER IT PEOPLE, go back to living a normal life like we're all old enough to remember. I saw family last weekend from a few months old to 96 and no one was wearing a mask and everyone was having a great time. Some have been jabbed, definitely not all and all is well.

Who was it that said "all we have to fear is fear itself"? Well, that's where we are now. Grow up and stop listening to the wailing from people who have agendas definitely NOT in our best interests!

Offline jimi

• Contributor
    • Well Road Weather
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2021, 08:07:26 PM »
what we saw come out of the UK yesterday from the health ministry was alarming , out of 900+ people hospitalized 265 of those had received two doses .this was an official statement not some fake news ,scaremongering site .
Got a link to this "statement" ?
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2021, 11:48:24 PM »
That's because you're listening to the idiots. So, now it's the "delta variant"??? It's just the next chapter in virus scam 101 and they will keep pulling this garbage on us every flue season or any time some whacko comes up with a potential new problem. GET OVER IT PEOPLE, go back to living a normal life like we're all old enough to remember. I saw family last weekend from a few months old to 96 and no one was wearing a mask and everyone was having a great time. Some have been jabbed, definitely not all and all is well.

Who was it that said "all we have to fear is fear itself"? Well, that's where we are now. Grow up and stop listening to the wailing from people who have agendas definitely NOT in our best interests!

Do you honestly think that some factions thar have everything to gain and nothing to lose by torpedoing the economy are behind it all? Wow. Talk about needing to wake up.

Figure it is all overblown? Got any trips to Brazil scheduled? Best rethink that lol

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2021, 11:54:38 PM »
what we saw come out of the UK yesterday from the health ministry was alarming , out of 900+ people hospitalized 265 of those had received two doses .this was an official statement not some fake news ,scaremongering site .
Got a link to this "statement" ?

Methinks the opposite actually. Seems to say the conspiracy sites are claiming vaccinated people die:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/health-57610998.amp

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
Got news for you, we all die, some just sooner than others. We're not all made from the same mold.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2021, 08:33:04 AM »
Yeah, well I'm steering the ship in the direction I figure gives me the best shot at not having it happen at 55. Especially in the manner this nasty thing will take you down. Don't take things so literally.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:34:51 AM by davidmc36 »

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2021, 08:36:51 AM »
I've never had a problem with people doing stupid things or believing in junk science - JUST AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BRING IT TO MY DOOR! When you start pushing your junk science on me and telling me what I can and can't do after 78 years of living just fine I have a YUGE problem.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2021, 06:22:35 AM »
In TX we don't need to undercoat and it was "painted" at the factory and it's still doing just fine - just like me. They're moving the goal posts as usual, it was "get the jab, you don't get the virus" - now it's "getting the jab means IF YOU GET IT it won't be as bad"?

Variants??????
NO, I'M FINISHED PRETENDING THIS IS A PROBLEM AND I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT ANYMORE. I'm not going to get monthly vaccinations, I'm not going to wear a mask and I'm going to stand within normal social distance from people, I've had it, I'm through, you go play your imaginary games, as I've said before, get off my lawn!

Doesn't look very pretend these days.