Author Topic: Weather Link Live Desktop GUI  (Read 7768 times)

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
Re: Weather Link Live Desktop GUI
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2021, 04:32:08 PM »
Here ya go.

Steve

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2021, 07:29:20 PM »
two issues... I have poor error handling, when I take an error while processing data - so it stopped processing all data when it got the error - rather than just ignoring that section and continuing on.

And the actual issue, I never added support for the data structure that is being sent with your soil moisture / temp probes.

I'll fix that... something I might want to add to mine someday.  Having real data from your log file makes it easier to make sure I get it right.

Thanks

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2021, 08:13:55 PM »
Glad you found the issues. I'm happy to do as much testing as you need.

I've attached the array of data I dumped from the WLL. Don't know if it helps you or not.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:31:33 PM by SteveFitz1 »

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2021, 12:16:00 AM »
Well, the issue turned out to be even sillier.... there was a typo in the table definition for the soil data. 
On the plus side, that made it easy to fix.

https://github.com/darmbrust/weatherlink/releases/tag/1.13

The 1.13 release makes it create the correct table columns on first startup so it should collect all of your data (when you have soil sensors)

I did not, however put any code in place to fix existing databases that were created with the wrong columns.  In your case, I suspect you don't have any data you care about there at the moment, so just delete the data storage directory again prior to running 1.13.

If anyone else has been using the app for a while, and has a data store - and adds moisture sensors leading to a failure - let me know, and I can either add some code to repair the DB, or walk you through manually fixing it. 
I didn't bother now, cause I suspect there is no one out there with that scenario...

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2021, 10:08:36 AM »
The good news is I think all gauges are now showing. The bad news is that they're not all showing data.I'm not getting outside temp, humidity, barometric pressure, or rain totals. I've attached the current image for you.

Steve

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2021, 12:16:25 PM »
unfortunately, this is a known limitation at the moment.  When I built it, I cheated, and made it work for my config, where I only have 2 sensors of interest.  For anyone that has more than 2, especially if you have a wind-only sensor - you will either get wind, or, the outside temps / rain.
Its essentially random, which it picks.  And you always get the sensors in the WLL itself, which are labled garage (again, due to my shortcuts)

You can tell it which one to pick:  https://github.com/darmbrust/weatherlink/blob/develop/README.md#multiple-outdoor-sensors--wrong-sensors-displayed

It is storing all of the data, for all of the sensors.  But until I enhance it, you won't be able to have all of the gauges showing the data you want.

If you are comfortable tweaking java code, you could pretty easily adjust the code to work correctly for your specific config, by hardcoding in the correct sensor IDs.  Eventually, I hope to get everything properly configurable in the GUI, so you can label your sensor IDs, and add/remove gui elements as you wish, per sensor.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2021, 12:37:13 PM »
Thanks for the update. At least it's working correctly up this point of your design. I may try playing with your java code a little in the future.

Thanks again for your work.

Steve

Offline Atlantic21

• Ilfracombe Weather
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
darmburst not sure what i need to change as per the readme for changing the sensors id is it the Jar file release 1.13 name

Example:

java -jar weatherlinkWindows.jar notAnIP 223456

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:22:20 PM by Atlantic21 »

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »
darmburst not sure what i need to change as per the readme for changing the sensors id is it the Jar file release 1.13 name

Example:

java -jar weatherlinkWindows.jar notAnIP 223456

Thanks

The last number (223456) needs to be one of your sensor IDs.  It should be printing your sensor IDs to the log file - look for lines like the ones in the readme.

If you have been manually setting the IP address - that goes in the spot for 'notAnIP' but if the auto-locate is working fine - you can just leave that as the random string (That isn't an ip address)

Offline Atlantic21

• Ilfracombe Weather
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2021, 01:55:19 PM »
sorry but have not explained myself very will, I can find the station id but not sure what file i am changing i can only see what has been attached below

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:59:44 PM by Atlantic21 »

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2021, 05:29:45 PM »
Ahh, I see.

Another thing on the todo list is a nice installer.  Lacking that, the app just runs with your local java installation.

In order to manually run the app with parameters, you need to specify the command.

The easiest way to do that, is to make a shortcut to the .jar file.

Then, right click on the short cut, click properties, and go to the Shortcut tab.

In that tab, in the "Target" box, replace what is there with:

javaw -jar weatherlinkWindows.jar notAnIP yourSensorId

If you need to specify an IP address, replace 'notAnIP' with the address.  Put the desired sensorID in the second spot.

Offline Atlantic21

• Ilfracombe Weather
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2021, 11:30:34 AM »
Thanks now working

Offline GeirO

• GeirO
    • www.gunnarbu.com/var
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2021, 02:54:02 AM »
Anyone tested this on a 800x480 screen? (7" lcd screen for raspberry pi) condisering this as my console on my raspbery pi in my cabin, hopefully in full screen

Offline juancho63

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2021, 04:01:20 AM »
Hello darmbrust. This happens to me, you can guide me. A greeting. I attach an image of the Debug file

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2021, 11:34:51 AM »
Hello darmbrust. This happens to me, you can guide me. A greeting. I attach an image of the Debug file

Hi,
I've not seen this before - a quick search seems to indicate these possibilities:

- possible issues with IPv4 vs IPv6 with your system - try using the option -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in the command that launches it - you would need to make a shortcut and edit it - similar to how the edit is done to manually specify the IP.
- Antivirus / network inspection interfering - see if you can whitelist the program - or test with the antivirus disabled temporarily to see if it is the issue.
- Malware / virus interfering

FYI, I don't monitor this forum on a regular basis - if you want to know that I'll see a bug report, posting it on the github bug tracker will make sure I see it.

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2021, 11:39:11 AM »
Anyone tested this on a 800x480 screen? (7" lcd screen for raspberry pi) condisering this as my console on my raspbery pi in my cabin, hopefully in full screen

Currently, it will scale the gauges per the window size, but its not real clever, and only tends to work well if the window is sort of square.  If you can make basic tweaks to java code, however, you can add / remove / reorganize the gauges in a way that would work pretty easily.

I don't have a pi - never toyed with one.  In theory, it will all work - but in practice, you may have to get your hands dirty a bit as an alpha tester :)

Offline juancho63

« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2021, 07:04:41 AM »

Hi,
I've not seen this before - a quick search seems to indicate these possibilities:

- possible issues with IPv4 vs IPv6 with your system - try using the option -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in the command that launches it - you would need to make a shortcut and edit it - similar to how the edit is done to manually specify the IP.
- Antivirus / network inspection interfering - see if you can whitelist the program - or test with the antivirus disabled temporarily to see if it is the issue.
- Malware / virus interfering

FYI, I don't monitor this forum on a regular basis - if you want to know that I'll see a bug report, posting it on the github bug tracker will make sure I see it.
Hello Darmbrust. I have uploaded the weatherlinkDebug to GitHub. See if you see the problem. At first I have deactivated the firewall, but it has not solved it, the blue sphere continues to rotate without opening graphics

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2021, 11:30:10 AM »
Hello Darmbrust. I have uploaded the weatherlinkDebug to GitHub. See if you see the problem. At first I have deactivated the firewall, but it has not solved it, the blue sphere continues to rotate without opening graphics

Thanks, I've looked at the logs and followed up there.  https://github.com/darmbrust/weatherlink/issues/2

Offline juancho63

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2021, 06:28:54 AM »
Darmbrust, I have uploaded a new file

Offline teryasar

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2022, 11:49:34 AM »
I have 1 pcs VP2 ISS + 1 pcs Wind Transmitter. How can I see second wind sensor data on this application?

anything