Author Topic: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.  (Read 58006 times)

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
Re: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.
« Reply #875 on: July 10, 2020, 08:38:34 PM »

Unfortunately,  Stillwater recently had its first death from covid.  He was a 79 year old man who had been hospitalized in ICU for two weeks.

In early June, in Spokane county, we were seeing new cases in the single digits (typically 3 or 4), now they're averaging over 50. Not sure how many deaths but my wife was reading the local obits earlier this week (something I avoid) and noticed that someone we knew had passed from covid.

Washington state now requires businesses to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask (No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service). We've been camping for a week and shopping in Idaho so I don't know how well this is working.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:55:08 PM by Jim_S »

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #876 on: July 12, 2020, 04:15:43 AM »
Stillwater News Press editorial concerning those who spoke out against the mandatory mask ordinance:

OUR VIEW: We choose compassion

Of all the preposterous ideas floated by the patriots and junior scientists standing up against the supposed tyranny of a face-covering ordinance at the City Council meeting, one stood out that we would hope isn’t shared by many.

That was the idea that the disease is somehow the sole responsibility of an individual to avoid contracting it. That truly healthy people with impeccable diets should have no fear of contracting the virus. That same idea was held in concert with the idea that others would bear no responsibility in spreading it. To this, we say, “huh?”

We wonder how many people share this sentiment, and we hope it isn’t many. Because, we have plenty of Oklahomans with underlying health conditions, especially when you start looking at the broad list of things that could complicate the virus – such as being overweight, having high blood pressure, having asthma or other chronic respiratory illness, cancer, having diabetes and list that stretches far enough to include a pretty large swath of the population.

Are there really people out there who don’t realize you can get a chronic illness despite how much you diet or exercise? Or does it just make people feel better to wrap every single issue where a little compassion could get us through tough times by believing personal responsibility is the key to all that ails us.

Why did the human race form societies? Why do we live in towns now? We do it because we need each other. And we need each other to care about each other.

Ken Chance lived his life for others. He death likely came from someone who had no idea they were spreading it. There is no shame in contracting this virus, having complications from the virus or succumbing to it. Spreading it, that’s another story, because we’ve been told by people who study these kinds of things what to do about it. We are well aware of the choices that are in front of us. We’re going to follow Mr. Chance’s example and choose compassion.
FROM:  https://www.stwnewspress.com/opinion/our-view-we-choose-compassion/article_00722d54-c325-11ea-b20a-2b60b38ed627.html

The late Mr. Chance's story:  https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/stillwaters-chance-remembered-most-for-the-concern-and-compassion-he-showed-others/article_ea03dd72-4e03-5db4-b6aa-fa20d3c69ad6.html

His daughter Kim Barwick says she is now much more passionate about the need for face coverings in public. “If it weren’t for this virus, I think we would have got him into his 90s,” she said. “I want people to be aware that it’s really a bad thing. We were supposed to be planning his 80th birthday party instead of his funeral, so it’s really sad that we’re in this situation.”
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:36:55 AM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #877 on: July 12, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
You can ask all kinds of questions about the effectiveness of wearing masks and isolating, and other measures, and about how it effects "herd Immunity", and whether masks are going to be required in society from now on as long as there are any communicable diseases, whether those who have had the Wuhan virus, and those with other respiratory problems will be required to wear the mask (and you can be sure the self-appointed mask police aren't going to differentiate), the long term effects, why fascists rioting in large crowds without masks supposedly don't spread the virus, etc., etc.  And as you can see, even on this thread, all the questions go unanswered as we promote the politically correct dogma, based on shaky "science", without addressing any unintended consequences, and all the time we're just concerned about making us feel better about ourselves.  Whether or not there is such a thing as "herd immunity", there sure is a herd mentality.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 01:33:00 PM by SnowHiker »

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #878 on: July 12, 2020, 09:58:41 PM »
What Dr. John Wedlake, Stillwater City Councilman had to say about supporting mandatory masks:

"As a medical doctor, the only practicing neurologist within at least a 50-mile radius, and one of Stillwater's City Councilors, I too speak to a multitude of doctors on a daily basis. All of the physicians I have consulted support the wearing of masks in areas of communal gathering as a means to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We don't make this recommendation with our comfort, or even our convenience in mind...we do so because we have read the literature, we've seen the data, and the mounting evidence that properly-fitting masks limit incidence of disease and spread of SARS-COV-2. 

I can empathize with your feelings regarding masks, but please try to understand that our decisions were based on trying to provide the greatest safety to our constituents and municipality, while minimizing disruption of normalcy. I know masks are not as convenient as ‘no masks,’ and for that I apologize. It was a decision with no perfect outcome, but one that had to be made."

Meanwhile, 100% compliance with everybody being required to wear masks in the Perkins Rd. Wal-Mart, Stillwater on Sunday morning.  A worker at the entrance provided free masks at the entrance for customers who didn't have any.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #879 on: July 12, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
That's the thing.  All people can do is repeat the same old dogma.  Even doctors who probably haven't really studied things out for themselves.  If they dissent from the group think in this age of post free speech, it would probably hurt their professional status.  Note how all the questions above and in previous posts continue to go unanswered.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #880 on: July 12, 2020, 11:59:34 PM »
What questions in the previous posts go unanswered?  Your opinions seem fairly obvious to all.  You are a doubter in the data, the methodology used to gather it, the expert conclusions reached from that data, and the recommendations by the epidemiologists and public health officials.

While you may not be personally impacted by the current pandemic, your strongly voiced dissent is unhelpful to the discussion of reasonable precautions needed to reduce the spread of the disease.  The science indicates the virus spreads via airborne droplets/aerosols.  Humans do not have built-in immunity at this time.  Asymptomatic carriers can spread it without knowing/feeling illness themselves.  The simple solution is to assume everyone is possibly asymptomatic and wear facial coverings to dramatically reduce droplet/aerosol spread, maintain social distance and clean hands/sanitize while outside your home.  It's not a 'freedom thing', it's a humanity thing -- something we do to protect ourselves and others.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #881 on: July 13, 2020, 12:25:27 AM »
Here are a couple points that people don't seem to want to answer:
Unfortunately, no one is telling the frail elderly and those with lung diseases, such as COPD, emphysema or pulmonary fibrosis, of these dangers when wearing a facial mask of any kind—which can cause a severe worsening of lung function. This also includes lung cancer patients and people having had lung surgery, especially with partial resection or even the removal of a whole lung.

The importance of these findings is that a drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) is associated with an impairment in immunity.
There is another danger to wearing these masks on a daily basis, especially if worn for several hours. When a person is infected with a respiratory virus, they will expel some of the virus with each breath. If they are wearing a mask, especially an N95 mask or other tightly fitting mask, they will be constantly rebreathing the viruses, raising the concentration of the virus in the lungs and the nasal passages. We know that people who have the worst reactions to the coronavirus have the highest concentrations of the virus early on. And this leads to the deadly cytokine storm in a selected number.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/face-masks-pose-serious-risks-healthy/5712649

Of course we could exempt certain people like the elderly with respiratory diseases from wearing masks, but again, I don't think the self-appointed mask police are going to understand or accept that.

It just would be nice to know what the long term effects of our decision to live for the moment will be, and how many lives will be lost in the long term due to going to all lengths to save ourselves in the short term.  But no one seems to be willing to answer those questions.  The response seems to be "wear your mask and shut up".

Personally, as I mentioned before, I think places like Walmart have a right to require people to wear masks in their stores, no matter how well based or not the science (which in today's world is often little more than hindsight, guesses, and popular opinion) is, it's their stores.  I also have the right to shop there or not.  I do have a problem with heavy handed government.

What questions in the previous posts go unanswered?  Your opinions seem fairly obvious to all.  You are a doubter in the data, the methodology used to gather it, the expert conclusions reached from that data, and the recommendations by the epidemiologists and public health officials.

While you may not be personally impacted by the current pandemic, your strongly voiced dissent is unhelpful to the discussion of reasonable precautions needed to reduce the spread of the disease.  The science indicates the virus spreads via airborne droplets/aerosols.  Humans do not have built-in immunity at this time.  Asymptomatic carriers can spread it without knowing/feeling illness themselves.  The simple solution is to assume everyone is possibly asymptomatic and wear facial coverings to dramatically reduce droplet/aerosol spread, maintain social distance and clean hands/sanitize while outside your home.  It's not a 'freedom thing', it's a humanity thing -- something we do to protect ourselves and others.
I asked many questions that have not been addressed.  Have you not read them?  Have you not noticed that the data and professional opinions are not static?

Humans do not have built-in immunity at this time. 
So how is built-in immunity developed?

What questions in the previous posts go unanswered?
To help you out, we can start with this just from a post yesterday:
You can ask all kinds of questions about the effectiveness of wearing masks and isolating, and other measures, and about how it effects "herd Immunity", and whether masks are going to be required in society from now on as long as there are any communicable diseases, whether those who have had the Wuhan virus, and those with other respiratory problems will be required to wear the mask, the long term effects, why fascists rioting in large crowds without masks supposedly don't spread the virus, etc., etc. 
Sorry if I missed where these questions were answered, along with what the long term effects of all this is that I asked several times.

Other recent questions:
Oh, oh, Tulsa, where Trump was on June 20, has reclaimed the lead over OKC in having most number of cases, 2,709 to 2690.
So how statistically significant is this, and with what basis do they arrive at those figures?  And what will the long term effects be for Tulsa as compared to OKC?  Will the places with the less diagnosed and claimed cases now suffer with less numbers over a longer period of time, or maybe peak some time later?  How many people from OKC went to see Trump in Tulsa?
I also wonder how much hospitalization will go up once "elective" procedures are again allowed, considering how they must have been piling up, and how many more severe cases of other diseases there will be as people have avoided going to the hospital, and what the death rate from them will be?
https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/tmc-daily-new-covid-19-hospitalizations/
So again, what is your point?  What is the cause of the increase?  What does all this mean long term?  Why is the death rate reportedly down?  Why not provide some context?

Wasn't it predicted infections would go up when the society started opening?  What was the alternative, not opening up society and the economy?  How many people in the long term would that kill?

Is it ever going to end?  Suppose the virus is eradicated, or a vaccine is developed, or whatever, which doesn't appear to be in the near future, people may be be so conditioned to expect their health to be protected that they'll demand masks be worn during cold and flu seasons and any and all outbreaks, which could be anywhere from Fall to Spring to all year.  Or maybe just be worn in general anyway, after all you never know where someone has been or what and who they've come into contact with. All pandemics start somewhere.
I know I got at least one answer when I asked what the alternative to "living with the virus" is:
The alternative is to better accept mask wear when in public. 
Which is implies to me that he believes wearing a mask isn't living.  I disagreed with that, and pointed out that you're living with it whether you choose to wear a mask or not.

As for my opinions being obvious, I believe many other's here are also very obvious, they'll bring up points oftentimes for seemingly no reason other than to criticize leaders or parties or even the leaders of other countries (that apparently I'm not supposed to respond in kind to), or even go on rants, and dodge questions and run away if you bring up counterpoints, and I thought this was supposed to be a discussion where other views and questions could be presented.  I at least attempt to answer honest questions when asked rather than just repeating the same things and pretending they were never asked.

I haven't told anyone not to wear a mask, nor have I even said I wouldn't, as far as I can recall.  Nor do I even recall mentioning a 'freedom thing', though I do take our freedoms seriously despite any disdain you may have, but you may not have been personally impacted by the cost it took to obtain and keep those freedoms.  I even mentioned I always have a mask on me, or at least a bandana, for whenever needed.  I don't demonize those who do or don't wear masks.  Yet by virtue of the very fact that I even ask about what the long term effects of our actions are on the disease and society, or dare question the experts or the changing data, I'm accused of being a dissident, unhelpful and apparently even inhumane. 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 05:33:44 AM by SnowHiker »

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #882 on: July 13, 2020, 07:31:39 AM »
@ SnowHiker:  You are a superb polemicist and I'm just an all-around skeptic who doesn't basically disagree with you.  BUT I would caution you that when you get under the skin of the one person who has done more by far for our weather-enthusiast community, you are treading where most dare not go.  After all, he for all intents and purposes OWNS this forum.  While that doesn't mean his opinion means more than any other, he can control the narrative if he so wishes.  His post was an attempt to tone down the vituperative nature of our current discussion.  Please just be aware that nobody's patience is unlimited.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #883 on: July 13, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »
This interview with Dr. Fauci of July 9 on fivethirtyeight is an objective non-political assessment of the current covid situation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjaGx0W4bdw

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #884 on: July 13, 2020, 09:38:24 AM »
I think this thread has been most useful helpful when people have talked about their experiences, what works for them, what doesn't.

It has been least helpful when debating the science behind the virus / disease (where, unfortunately, politics always gets involved whether explicit or implicit). This isn't an epidemiology board. We're weather geeks. Some of us are software / programming nerds. If this is your ultimate source for pandemic science information, you are looking in the wrong place.
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #885 on: July 13, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
Please just be aware that nobody's patience is unlimited.
You are correct on that one, my patience on this subject ran out long ago, so I rarely visit the forum any longer, it's become another virtue signaling group and if you don't join the group think then you're automatically wrong.

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #886 on: July 13, 2020, 10:46:23 AM »
@ SnowHiker:  You are a superb polemicist and I'm just an all-around skeptic who doesn't basically disagree with you.  BUT I would caution you that when you get under the skin of the one person who has done more by far for our weather-enthusiast community, you are treading where most dare not go.  After all, he for all intents and purposes OWNS this forum.  While that doesn't mean his opinion means more than any other, he can control the narrative if he so wishes.  His post was an attempt to tone down the vituperative nature of our current discussion.  Please just be aware that nobody's patience is unlimited.
polemicist and vituperative ... learned 2 new words today (well, new to me anyway)  :-)
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
« Reply #887 on: July 13, 2020, 01:30:03 PM »
"It's not a 'freedom thing', it's a humanity thing -- something we do to protect ourselves and others."

SaratogaWX: Thank you. That is exactly correct. [tup]

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #888 on: July 13, 2020, 01:39:07 PM »
I think this thread has been most useful helpful when people have talked about their experiences, what works for them, what doesn't.

It has been least helpful when debating the science behind the virus / disease (where, unfortunately, politics always gets involved whether explicit or implicit). This isn't an epidemiology board. We're weather geeks. Some of us are software / programming nerds. If this is your ultimate source for pandemic science information, you are looking in the wrong place.

I agree. I've enjoyed hearing about what people are doing individually and the situation in other parts of the country/world but wading through the arguments and political commentary is painful.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #889 on: July 13, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »
I have done a lot of things around the house. Big and small. Completed 21 things.  Granted some were small like- clean bugs out of lights.
Not only cause of CV19 but just having a little more time when school was in session.

Next big job-sand and stain the deck. I power washed it and took off the old seal. It attracted more dirt than prevented wood rot.

I am not looking forward to school. I do not know how it is going to be done without having mass infections of people.  I do not care if they say kids are not as at much risk. They can bring it home to those they live with. As can I.

Social distancing in a school is impossible. So is expecting kids to wear a mask all the time.
This video shows what kids will be like.

https://www.facebook.com/gabe.thaman/videos/10101704345062634/

If they do hybrid instructions-I feel I will be creating 3 different lessons a day. Impossible.

We have not heard from our board/supt on what will happen. They are waiting for guidance from the state-Late July.

And our Supt is leaving and going to Madison, WI. (a good thing)(for us)

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #890 on: July 13, 2020, 03:25:49 PM »
We picked a good year to decide to get some more elevated planters as we aren't going away, so they veggies are getting a lot of care. We are up to our necks in pickle cukes right now.  Greens beans are now producing and we're had our first few cherry tomatoes (doing larger ones too). Been using basil (Genovese and Thai) regularly. Oh, and scallions.

I've also taken the time to rehab a friend's Vantage Pro2. It was a good learning exercise taking the entire thing apart. I'm waiting on parts and debugging a thing or two.

We have kid one in college and one in high school. While there are preliminary plans, I'm not taking anything as more than a strawman. Particularly for the state's K-12 schools, there isn't a comprehensive test/trace plan in place. Without that, if they wait for a kid or staff member to become symptomatic, it'll be too late - the school will have to shut down for a couple weeks. While I think I have ideas, I'm awful glad I'm not in charge.

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #891 on: July 13, 2020, 06:20:17 PM »
I am not looking forward to school. I do not know how it is going to be done without having mass infections of people.  I do not care if they say kids are not as at much risk. They can bring it home to those they live with. As can I.

Social distancing in a school is impossible. So is expecting kids to wear a mask all the time.

If they do hybrid instructions-I feel I will be creating 3 different lessons a day. Impossible.

We have not heard from our board/supt on what will happen. They are waiting for guidance from the state-Late July.

I can't agree with you more. Here in Iowa, the COVID numbers are going in the wrong direction with no end in sight. I just don't know how schools can reopen in 6 weeks without worsening the surge that is already in progress. It makes me glad I am retired and don't have to face the school reopening dilemma. That said, I have grandkids up there in the Twin Cities area so I still have the worry.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #892 on: July 13, 2020, 09:40:35 PM »
I was not surprised when Sac and Calhoun Counties (home) were the last to have any confirmed cases.  That said-numbers everywhere are going up.

we got too lax too fast.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
« Reply #893 on: July 13, 2020, 11:18:17 PM »
I am so glad I am a retired superintendent, not an active one. I feel for those who have to make the decisions about this virus and school children.

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #894 on: July 14, 2020, 01:13:06 PM »
I was not surprised when Sac and Calhoun Counties (home) were the last to have any confirmed cases.  That said-numbers everywhere are going up.

we got too lax too fast.
I grew up in Webster county ... guess we were neighbors  :-)

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #895 on: July 14, 2020, 04:42:36 PM »
I'm glad I wasn't taking a walk at Boomer Lake Park when someone was mistakenly trying to make trouble over people not wearing masks.  When I'm there, the only people I saw wearing masks appeared to be Asians, but are likely more used to it, in order to protect from air pollution in Asia.

Compliance High as Mask Ordinance Takes Effect
Disposable masks are a hot commodity in Stillwater after a city ordinance took effect Saturday, requiring most people over age 5 to wear face coverings while in public.

People who have legitimate medical conditions that cause breathing difficulties, or who have mental health conditions or developmental disabilities that make wearing a face covering an undue hardship are also exempted under guidelines developed by the CDC.

The ordinance was adopted by the Stillwater City Council last week to slow the community spread of COVID-19, now and in preparation for the arrival of thousands of Oklahoma State University students in just a few weeks.

According to the university, it has 24,649 students, 26% of whom are from out of state.

Stillwater’s rate of new infections has slowed and reported recoveries have exceeded new cases in recent days. A majority of new cases have been among younger people, who often don’t become as ill.

But the virus is still putting people in the hospital.

Stillwater Medical Center reported on Monday that it had three COVID-19 patients, one of whom was in ICU.

Most people seem to be complying with the new city ordinance, Stillwater City Manager Norman McNickle said. It was a quiet weekend for the most part.

He confirmed that police were called to a grocery store on Saturday morning after a customer refused to put on a mask before entering and began to create a scene. The person had left by the time officers arrived.

Officers were also called to Boomer Lake Park because someone mistakenly thought that people using the park were required to wear masks. That person began yelling at other people.

McNickle said police officers were able to clear up the misunderstanding when they arrived on scene.

The hotline established by the City to take questions and reports of non-compliance received about six calls over the weekend, he said. Several were just questions but at least one person called to report that a few people in a local store that tends to be very busy on the weekends were not wearing face coverings.

McNickle said his personal observation over the weekend was that a vast majority of the people in stores are wearing face coverings. He said others he talked with told him they saw the same.

In an effort to reduce the burden on local businesses that may have had limited time to prepare, the City has been providing disposable face masks for businesses to give to their customers who don’t have face coverings and pre-printed copies of the posters that businesses are required to post to let people know that masks are required.

Both the Stillwater Chamber of Commerce and Visit Stillwater helped distribute the supplies beginning late last week. They each handed out 15,000 disposable masks, 100 per business per day.

Visit Stillwater CEO Cristy Morrison reported that her office only had enough for 15 more businesses by Monday morning.

Stillwater Chamber President/CEO Justin Minges said his office had given out a total of 8,100 masks by the end of the day Friday.

The Chamber was completely out of masks by 9 a.m. Monday, Communications Coordinator Aubrie Bowlan said.

The City of Stillwater, which has allocated $100,000 to provide supplies and to operate both the hotline and a public education campaign, has ordered 30,000 more masks to give to businesses, McNickle said. The last order took about a week to come in and he hopes the new order comes in as fast.

"But they're becoming hard to get," he said.
https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/local_news/compliance-high-as-mask-ordinance-takes-effect/article_5b608621-ea5a-5209-9c6d-42ac68e92e31.html

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #896 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:52 PM »
Interesting sign

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #897 on: July 14, 2020, 10:44:32 PM »
Chief David, my daughter is a reading coach in a rural Title-1 school.  Recently the State of Alabama came out with their "Road to Reopening" plan.  It has basically left opening up to the local school districts.  Imagine a 1" paragraph on what the state department says they have to do, a 5" paragraph on things that the school districts *really* should consider doing, and then a two-page paragraph on "things" they should think about doing.  They're also looking at doing distant (internet) learning...possibly running in-class and online classes at the same time (that is a fine can of worms in itself).  There idea is that if 25% of the students stay home and do distance-learning then that will help with social-distancing for the students that do come to school.  But, it's a rural school and many students have spotty or no internet access at their homes...the answer is to park school buses with wifi close to these areas...let's see, there's a house here and another one a mile down the road then there's three houses together that are 2-1/2 miles on down the road.  Other things are like not having water fountains...the students have to bring their own water bottles.  Football players have to bring their own water bottles to practice.  Teachers rotate classes rather than students *OR*...maybe not.  :roll:   

Basically the state doesn't have a clue what to do and has passed it off to the local districts.  My daughter is an exceptional and dedicated teacher but she's shaking her head at ideas that so far have been floated around.  She's also a "Mama Bear" and has three little girls that follow her to school each day so she has a heightened concern with it all.    :sad:

I think there's a lot that people are just having to learn as they go...in all areas of our lives.  I certainly don't know what to do regarding school.  Heck, I don't hardly know what to do with my own much more simple life...much less handle several hundred or several thousand kids needing educated.  I admire all the educators, healthcare workers, first responders, our LEOs, the cashiers at the grocery store, the garbage collectors, everybody who is trying to keep things chugging along.  But, I just don't think anyone really knows what to do to keep themselves and others safe *and* still do normal things.  I tend to err on the side of caution.  I wish no one any harm and naturally don't won't to put myself or my family in harm's way, either.  I consider my fellow man and hope that he considers me and mine.  We've all got to make it through this together.

I read the other day that pandemics usually stretch out for around two years.  We're basically six months into this one, so we've got a ways to go.  Folks are gonna have understand that things are not the same as they were, that there will be a change and a new normal will come about.  I really hate it all for the kids, so many things we took for granted growing up is currently out of reach for them.

And, for those who think the virus is a joke or something, let them tell the fine lady in this article that it's a joke and that washing your hands often or wearing a mask or keeping six-feet away is dumb.  She's a pastor's wife and a really good person.  She had this interview basically for the purpose of letting folks know that this virus is nothing to argue about...
 https://www.wsfa.com/2020/07/13/woman-passes-tests-faith-endurance-amid-day-covid-hospitalization/

I have done a lot of things around the house. Big and small. Completed 21 things.  Granted some were small like- clean bugs out of lights.
Not only cause of CV19 but just having a little more time when school was in session.

Next big job-sand and stain the deck. I power washed it and took off the old seal. It attracted more dirt than prevented wood rot.

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #898 on: July 14, 2020, 11:14:06 PM »
Well said, Ken.  Thanks.

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #899 on: July 15, 2020, 08:24:17 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

anything