Author Topic: If you are not happy with Wunderground, test drive our new public site  (Read 2126 times)

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Re: If you are not happy with Wunderground, test drive our new public site
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 01:22:21 AM »
I'm not buying another $135 piece of equipment just so I can report to your new site so unless you release an API anyone can use I'll pass.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 07:08:33 AM »
I'm not buying another $135 piece of equipment just so I can report to your new site so unless you release an API anyone can use I'll pass.

Yes I know you read this response on the other thread. Let's keep this in one place.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=38815.msg400068#msg400068
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ambientweather

• Contributor
    • Ambient Weather
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 12:00:43 PM »
We have released an API that anyone can use.

https://ambientweather.net/help/community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 12:56:24 PM »
Wires crossed. One is talking about upload protocol API to the cloud and the other is talking about pulling data from the cloud via an open API.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ambientweather

• Contributor
    • Ambient Weather
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »
Wires crossed. One is talking about upload protocol API to the cloud and the other is talking about pulling data from the cloud via an open API.
Thanks for the clarification.  It doesn’t make sense to allow say AcuRite to upload to our website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline longmire

• Contributor
  • WD (latest) GRL3_2 WF TWI WR-25e Win10Pro
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2020, 09:59:21 AM »
So, my situation is that I have a perfectly good, reliable and accurate Texas Weather Instruments WR-25 (the original - pre-serial number version) which was updated with new cpu's twice within the first 5 years - connected via RS-232 serial to a Win 7 dedicated machine running VWS (last version). 

Thus - I am the last of my species dinosaur - but still I thrive - providing my information free of charge to WU and WeatherforYou and CWOP. I would be delighted to submit it directly to Ambient as well - if there only were a way to use Virtual Weather Station to send the already collected data - perhaps using its built in Rapid Fire Updates.

I am not inclined to change anything about this system, as even its VWS-MySQL continues to feed data each minute to my 10-yr old MySQL database. Any hardware change is likely to break the magic key and Meteorologica no longer supports this wonderful little utility.

Please find a way for those of us with substantial investments in older equipment to join your data network, too.  Thanks

anything