Author Topic: Time Lapse Video not chronologically  (Read 2819 times)

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
Re: Time Lapse Video not chronologically
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »
My experience has been that bullet style cameras are spider magnets IF the IR lights are used.  Turrets, eyeballs not domes, son't seem to have that problem though.  With a weather cam, IR lights really don't do much since you're looking at the distance, far beyond the range of IR lights.

I don't think the IR getting shut off has any bearing on the hiccups.  They wouldn't effect file sizes under the conditions your camera is set for.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2020, 10:20:24 AM »
Ah, just a pain, again there are daily hiccups in it. I havent changed anything since last time. The small hiccups that were still there still seem to be there on daily basis.  :oops:

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »
You may need to do some fine tuning and reduce upload interval or image size a little more.  I do get, occasional, "failed to upload" notices in my Blue Iris log, but the video playback seems pretty decent.  What's really weird is that my weather station has been going "offline" periodically, for no  apparent reason on my end, but the video pane always seems to work.  Typical WU stuff, I guess.  I'd rather have the weather data remain solid and lose the video, but it's not my choice to make.

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2020, 11:03:44 AM »
Cheers, for the fast reply.
Apparently I cannot fine tune the image size any more. It would be 640x480 and it would look messy. And my upload intervall choices are limited. I can only choose between  up to 30 seconds, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min and up. Right now its on 5 min, I will put it on 10 min then. The cams limits are just annoying in that case.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2020, 11:11:40 AM »
If you ever buy another camera I'd suggest a Dahua or Hikvision.  Either can be configured very granularly for upload timing and image size.  More expensive for sure, but there are advantages that only money will buy in a case like this.

Oh yeah, I just happened to "cruise by" right after you posted earlier.

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:36 AM »
Hmmm, changed my time interval on 10 mins 6 days ago and still hiccups... cmon WU... whats up?  :-|

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 02:03:29 AM »
Changed U0pload time to 30min to check wether its the upload intervall.

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »
 :oops:changed interval to 30 min and still hiccups... I am kinda sad... trying to reduce quality more

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
My bag of tricks is empty.  If reducing the upload time and reducing the quality, file size, don't do it I'm stumped.