Author Topic: No outdoor data from ISS Davis Vantage Vue to Weatherlink IP (datalogger)  (Read 743 times)

Offline billsob

• Amature radio and WX
    • Amature radio
Hi,

For some months I lost my outdoor data from my Vantage Vue to my Weatherlink. Is only displaying indoor temp and humidity.

I have just change the transmitter in the ISS. But still no data. Battery i good. How can I check if there is any communication from the my ISS to my datalogger ?

Would love to have my station up and running again.
<iframe src='https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/de8bab017fde464084b9d7208420722e/signature' width='760' height='200' frameborder='0'></iframe>

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: No outdoor data from ISS Davis Vantage Vue to Weatherlink IP (datalogger)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
When you changed the transmitter module in the Vue, have you checked the Tx ID is correct or matches whatever you have your console set to receive?

Offline billsob

• Amature radio and WX
    • Amature radio
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 04:11:00 AM »
Thanks for reply. Yes I have set the ISS to ID 1 and the consol to ID 1. But there is no outdoor data. It reads the battery status says ok in ISS, but no data.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

<iframe src='https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/de8bab017fde464084b9d7208420722e/signature' width='760' height='200' frameborder='0'></iframe>

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 05:27:42 AM »
Don't worry about the Weatherlink output. What does the console display say? (Or is it an Envoy receiver that you have?) Are you sure that you don't have the console inadvertently set to a different channel from whatever the ISS is set to?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 05:42:05 AM »
Your WeatherLinkIP, do you know the firmware version? Are you able to open the WLIP Configuration page to check settings?

Offline billsob

• Amature radio and WX
    • Amature radio
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 07:20:32 AM »
Thans again for reply:

I do not have a console, I only use WeatherlinkIP with Weatherdisplay. I have now change the ID to 2 on ISS and in the WLIP, but still no data from ISS, strange...

Firmware 115

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 07:31:02 AM »
Well, you obviously do have a receiver, so presumably that must be an Envoy, into which the WeatherlinkIP logger is plugged? And it looks to me like you're using Weatherlink and not Weather Display, but maybe they look similar?

Have you actually checked which channel the ISS is transmitting on? See the ISS manual if you're not sure how to do this.

Did you say that you have a new ISS (or wiring harness, at least)? Is it definitely the same wireless specification as the Envoy? ie You haven't somehow mixed EU and US specification parts?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline billsob

• Amature radio and WX
    • Amature radio
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 10:29:49 AM »
Yes Johnd, your are correct its a Envoy. I have had this for since 2012, and it has been working good until may 2020. Then there where no more data from my ISS. I replaced to a new transmitter (not new ISS) just the transmitter in the ISS) simulare to the the one I had, both are EU modells. But still no data, I'm sure the ISS is on the same ID #2 (push the button on ISS for 5 sek, then push the button on ISS twice, the ISS blinks  two times, and the ISS is on ID #2) as my Envoy, but still no data.

I'm start to wonder if the is an fault with the Envoy an not the ISS ??

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 10:54:16 AM »
And you're sure that the Envoy channel #2 is definitely set to ISS (and with all other channels OFF - assuming you don't have any other transmitters)?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline billsob

• Amature radio and WX
    • Amature radio
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »
Yes, an no other ISS near by.

Offline billsob

• Amature radio and WX
    • Amature radio
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »
Yes, got it working. Replaced it with the old transmitter, set new ID on ISS and it start working again!

anything