Author Topic: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.  (Read 57511 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2020, 07:12:08 PM »
I just saw the most mind-blowing stupid 21 year old "women" that licked the toilet seat on an airplane being interviewed on Dr. Phil. Mind....Blowing....Stupid... If that what this generation is bringing to the table the next 30 years, we're doomed as a country. Forget the virus.

All I can think of is a nasty case of hepatitis. 
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2020, 07:12:26 PM »
Trying to contact the bank in regards to mortgage help.
Waited on hold yesterday for over 2 hours. On hold as I write this for 2 hours today.  :evil:
On hold for 5 hours and 1 minute but I finally got through. No mortgage for 3 months. Just add it  to the end. I'll probably be out of work next week. :sad:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »
I just saw the most mind-blowing stupid 21 year old "women" that licked the toilet seat on an airplane being interviewed on Dr. Phil. Mind....Blowing....Stupid... If that what this generation is bringing to the table the next 30 years, we're doomed as a country. Forget the virus.

All I can think of is a nasty case of hepatitis. 
Obviously, she never saw the movie LOGAN'S RUN (dead after 30) nor read the history behind the 1918 Spanish Flu in school.
When this is out on YouTube or whatever and you choose to watch...prepare yourself.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2020, 07:21:25 PM »
Waited on hold yesterday for over 2 hours. On hold as I write this for 2 hours today.  :evil:
On hold for 5 hours and 1 minute but I finally got through. No mortgage for 3 months. Just add it  to the end. I'll probably be out of work next week. :sad:
Sorry bro...Hopefully OUR "House" will do their job.  :roll:

Offline wxthomson

• http://www.minnetonkaweather.com
« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2020, 08:34:02 PM »
Civil, intelligent conversation is encouraged.  Political speech and personal denigration is not.  Easy to separate out.

Thank you
Couldn't agree more.
It would be great if just one part of my daily life could be free of politics!
I was hoping a weather forum could be that place.

You can't turn on any cable news without witnessing people arguing and yelling at each other.
I'm tired of it and I have to believe many others are as well.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2020, 08:46:54 PM »
Civil, intelligent conversation is encouraged.  Political speech and personal denigration is not.  Easy to separate out.
You can't turn on any cable news without witnessing people arguing and yelling at each other.
I'm tired of it and I have to believe many others are as well.
There's a reason why they're arguing and yelling. It's called Congress. We're ALL tired of it.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2020, 11:24:16 PM »
I disagree with Trump, the Iowa GOv and others.  Dr. Fauci says 10 weeks and it won't be over by Easter.   It is not us that sets the timeline, the virus sets the timeline.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »
While it is widely reported that the President is contemplating selective lifting of the Federal orders, the epidemiologists continue to caution that lifting before the slope of increase in infections declines would likely lead to the very surge in cases we're trying to avoid. 
I agree that it is wise to let the course of the infections flatten the curve before we begin 'getting back to normal' in a measured pace.

I agree that the virus and our mitigation efforts that sets the pace.  Without a vaccine, we're mostly left with shelter-in-place and physical distancing to halt the spread to new cases.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2020, 02:06:20 AM »
It has been clearly stated in briefings if people would just listen there is no set in stone timeline of easing restrictions to go back to work as being falsely and widely distributed by the media.

They are currently working on a schedule based on new data being gathered as stated multiple times yesterday and would have further information in the week ahead when easing restrictions would be implemented. This is all being done under the advice of medical personal on the coronavirus task force and other professionals.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2020, 02:29:34 AM »

I hope all works out hate to hear all the hardships.
My daughter in social services is out of a job currently, the other daughter is still on payroll being management but the business has came to standstill so the future is unknown. My son is in healthcare so business is booming and doing well.
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2020, 02:35:22 AM »
My son is in healthcare so business is booming and doing well.
Talk about a double edged sword...

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2020, 02:47:05 AM »
@ Valentineweather :Good to hear then that Trumps goal of church's filled to the brim for Easter sunday is only a nice if could happen thing only

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2020, 02:58:28 AM »

He is the technician over a bunch of health clinics in Utah and Arizona so travels between St.George Utah and Tuscon almost weekly.  His wife is really on the frontline in nursing.  They do have at least 19 covid-19 cases where she works Coconino county so it's there.
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2020, 02:59:51 AM »

He is the technician over a bunch of health clinics in Utah and Arizona so travels between St.George Utah and Tuscon almost weekly.  His wife is really on the frontline in nursing. 
=D>

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
I see the USA is running at 1.5% death rate
which is low compared to some other countries
which will be a reflection of lots of testing (good)
total numbers who have it nearly 100,000 now
because there is like a 2 week delay with the pandemic curve for deaths , compared to cases, then in a couple of weeks from now the total deaths will be (currently that is  over 1,300) 92,000 times 1.5% , i,e 9,200  (i.e hospitals will be having to decide who dies and who lives by then..this is the stark reality)..which is where Italy is now

I see even the Prime Minister of the UK has it now  :shock:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:02:22 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2020, 02:44:35 PM »
I see the USA is running at 1.5% death rate

I suspect that it's actually significantly lower than that, maybe in the range 0.5-1.0% or conceivably even <0.5%. Problem is that even in regions with good testing, there are probably many people with mild symptoms who simply don't get tested. Until we get proven reliable antibody testing (ie rather than the current antigen testing for active virus) and implemented on population-wide samples, there's just no real way of knowing. And that information is still probably some months away.

Even then, the death rate would need to be age adjusted (ie calculated as an SMR) to allow for different age profiles in different populations. Ultimately, it might be better to calculate the impact as Qualy's lost rather than a crude death rate.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2020, 02:50:52 PM »
yes, the death rate is like over 15% for older people
the seasonal flu death rate is only 0.1% for the whole population (i.e so for the vast majority seasonal flu is a not a killer)
(deaths is U shaped for seasonal flu, i.e very young and very old succumb to it)
but you could argue that is a bit low because the older people get vaccinated for seasonal flu

this new virus is killing people under 65 (most are over)  even people in their 20's/30's
over 20 doctors in Italy have died from this new virus...they don't die from the normal flu (long working hours and stress would not have helped during this pandemic)

people need to take this pandemic very seriously and stay at home to flatten the curve. There is no vaccine (yet) and no proven anti viral treatments (there are some being trialled)
 as it is more contagious than the normal flu and people are spreading it without knowing they have it too
(a positive case here the contact tracing came down to just borrowing someones pen!)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:55:32 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2020, 03:32:02 PM »

Chase bank here and hold time says that current hold time is 39 hours! Their hold music sucks and is full of static.

I don't understand why they don't just enable a simple form within your online account management to enroll. This is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:34:06 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2020, 03:52:25 PM »

Chase bank here and hold time says that current hold time is 39 hours! Their hold music sucks and is full of static.

I don't understand why they don't just enable a simple form within your online account management to enroll. This is ridiculous.

...and I just got disconnected after less than an hour on hold. Frankly I don't know why I bothered to stay on. It was just a test to see when they would update the hold time remaining. The automated hold assistant would come on every few minutes and say that someone would be with me shortly <gasp> but it never mentioned the hold time estimated as that was only mentioned at the beginning of the call. They close at 6PM Eastern on Friday anyway. Not open on the weekend. So this will have to wait till Monday morning. I'll try and get on first thing to see if that is any better.
Tele-Pole

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »

Holy crap 39 hours?
Makes my 5 hours seem like nothing.
I imagine they will go to some kind of on line registration. But when.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2020, 04:05:42 PM »
Holy crap 39 hours?
Makes my 5 hours seem like nothing.
I imagine they will go to some kind of on line registration. But when.

Yes 39 hours!

Another option they could do is to sign up for some automated call back system. They are certainly not prepared for this.
Tele-Pole

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2020, 04:08:28 PM »
Someone sent me a text that says to gas up vehicles there could be a gas shortage. Sounds crazy I thought we had an abundance of gas. Is this just another bad prank to instill panic buying like with toilet paper? ....  :evil:
Randy

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2020, 04:13:52 PM »
If this is already on this thread I apologize . But if not here's the link to the Corvid19 tracker worldwide from John Hopkins  . Has alot of info and updates frequently . Since yesterday the US has gained 14,000 new positive people but that's just due to people finally getting tested . But please remember the greatest number of people who get the virus do recover by a large percentage .

Link : https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2020, 04:17:22 PM »
Someone sent me a text that says to gas up vehicles there could be a gas shortage. Sounds crazy I thought we had an abundance of gas. Is this just another bad prank to instill panic buying like with toilet paper? ....  :evil:

If it's anything like Europe, it's just a sensible precaution. If you have an enforced lockdown then there'll be minimal driving and also best to avoid gas stations. But you might feel more comfortable to have a full tank, just to be on the safe side...
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2020, 04:19:38 PM »
If this is already on this thread I apologize . But if not here's the link to the Corvid19 tracker worldwide from John Hopkins  . Has alot of info and updates frequently . Since yesterday the US has gained 14,000 new positive people but that's just due to people finally getting tested . But please remember the greatest number of people who get the virus do recover by a large percentage .

Link : https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

I read that refineries are running out of place to put oil. I don't see how that translates to a shortage...quite the opposite problem.

https://fortune.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-gas-prices-oil-industry-storage-crude-production/
Tele-Pole