Author Topic: WeatherLink not sending rain data to CWOP?  (Read 427 times)

Offline Red-Dave

• Weather Geek
  • Contributor
    • AfftonWeather.com
WeatherLink not sending rain data to CWOP?
« on: June 11, 2021, 10:23:44 PM »
Hi All-
-WeatherLink 6.0.5
-Weather Monitor II
-Windows 10
I've just buried my old Win XP machine that used to run VWS and VWSAPRS sending to Wunderground and CWOP. (RIP old friend.) Managed to get my WMII and WeatherLink 6.0.5 sending to WeatherLink.com that then forwards on to Wunderground every 15 minutes. Locally I have the software uploading to CWOP but it's not sending them any rain info, or if it is, they aren't displaying it. I'm still tweaking and finding my way around the new stuff (to me). Any idea why that rain data isn't reflected on the CWOP side? It does show up on Wunderground and on WeatherLink.com though.
Thanks all.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW0099
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 01:00:17 AM by Red-Dave »

Offline GreyOwl

• Station up and running, No RH or Pressure sensors
Re: WeatherLink not sending rain data to CWOP?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 06:45:28 PM »
My station has had the same problem from the beginning, years ago.  The info is being sent in the correct format for CWOP but I guess they choose not to see it. I finally gave up trying to fix it as the info makes it to other locations as yours does. I figured it was a CWOP problem and just forgot about it and moved on.  I could buy a new fancy station but mine works for what I need.
CWOP: CW8399
KNVNORTH32
Weather Wizard III, wired
Homebuilt DFARS
Weather Link 5.9.0, serial version
Logitech 9000PRO Webcam

Offline Red-Dave

• Weather Geek
  • Contributor
    • AfftonWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »
You and I have what might be called "legacy" stations in common. So, maybe there's a clue there. Doesn't seem like there's much interest in working it out. I keep my gear in good shape and have lots of new in box parts to keep it that way. Maybe someone else will chime in with some ideas.
I do appreciate your input Mr. Owl!!

Offline GreyOwl

• Station up and running, No RH or Pressure sensors
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 07:17:16 PM »
Yes, they are old but still work great. I think I have replaced the anemometer assembly two times over the years but until it totally quits, I will keep running it. The price to upgrade just isn't in the works now and at 73 I'm not up to changing it out anyway.
CWOP: CW8399
KNVNORTH32
Weather Wizard III, wired
Homebuilt DFARS
Weather Link 5.9.0, serial version
Logitech 9000PRO Webcam

anything