General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Weather in TV & Movies

Weather or News Channel?

(1/6) > >>

HailHunter:
In saying what I am about to say I am by no means demeaning these news stories because they are tragic or near tragic, and indeed deserve to be talked about on the Cable News Network, Fox News, or other outlets that cover headline news.

However, I am still trying to figure out how it is breaking news for the Weather Channel if a plane crashes, a person is bit by a shark, or a little boy is is buried in sand? These are stories that are worthy of headline news, but have little to nothing to do with weather, but each one was covered as breaking news this evening by the Weather Channel.

In fact a plane crash report superseded that of severe weather in Tennessee and Florida with the plane crash being covered at the top of the 7pm central hour before any mention of the potential for severe weather in the country.

Why is this on TWC? Why can people not tune into the CNN or Fox to get this type of information and let the Weather Channel cover weather headlines (like it is supposed to do?)

Any comments?

WeatherHost:

--- Quote ---Why is this on TWC?
--- End quote ---

Same reason Al Roker is getting a morning show on TWC.  They're now owned by NBC.

SlowModem:

--- Quote from: HailHunter on July 16, 2009, 02:36:08 AM ---Why is this on TWC? Why can people not tune into the CNN or Fox to get this type of information and let the Weather Channel cover weather headlines (like it is supposed to do?)

Any comments?

--- End quote ---

Once upon a time MTV played music, Headline News showed the news, and The Weather Channel showed the weather.   :shock:  Not anymore. :cry:

Headline News is now HLN (because they're more entertainment and opinion oriented now) and The Weather Channel shows It Could Happen Tomorrow or When Weather Changed History, or some such crap instead of the weather.   ](*,)  They might as well show sharks or plane crashes.   :evil:

If you want to know the news or weather, you have to go to the internet now, I suppose.   :-k

sam2004gp:

--- Quote from: Slow Modem on July 16, 2009, 07:44:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: HailHunter on July 16, 2009, 02:36:08 AM ---Why is this on TWC? Why can people not tune into the CNN or Fox to get this type of information and let the Weather Channel cover weather headlines (like it is supposed to do?)

Any comments?

--- End quote ---

Once upon a time MTV played music, Headline News showed the news, and The Weather Channel showed the weather.   :shock:  Not anymore. :cry:

Headline News is now HLN (because they're more entertainment and opinion oriented now) and The Weather Channel shows It Could Happen Tomorrow or When Weather Changed History, or some such crap instead of the weather.   ](*,)  They might as well show sharks or plane crashes.   :evil:

If you want to know the news or weather, you have to go to the internet now, I suppose.   :-k

--- End quote ---

AMEN, brother Slow Modem, AMEN.  :cool:

DanS:
Man, you're really showing your age if you can remember MTV playing music! :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version