Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

WiFi Logger2 - Going Offline Frequently

(1/7) > >>

TMThomson:
Hello...

I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless weather station that uses the WiFi Logger2 to send data to the internet. I send data to WU, CWOP, WeatherLink and Met Office WOW. The problem I'm having is that quite routinely (about every 1 to 2 weeks) the WiFi Logger2 stops sending data and I have to press the white reset button to get it running again. I tried turning on the daily auto reset and strangely it seemed to make the issue worse. I don't think it's a WiFi issue. Nothing else goes offline. The other thing I notice is that I often can't access the configuration page even when the data is flowing as it should. The router is a Ubee DVW32CB - maybe a setting on the logger needs to be changed?

Do any of you have any insight into how to resolve this issue?

ocala:
Sounds like a wifi issue. Do any of your other things like smart phone, lap top etc go offline when the logger isn't working.

TMThomson:

--- Quote from: ocala on November 01, 2022, 06:37:02 PM ---Sounds like a wifi issue. Do any of your other things like smart phone, lap top etc go offline when the logger isn't working.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure it's a WiFi issue, since nothing else goes offline. The other thing I notice is that I often can't access the WiFi Logger configuration page even when the data is flowing as it should. The router is a Ubee DVW32CB - maybe a setting on the logger needs to be changed? Or... Perhaps I have a bad WiFi Logger device?

BigAlT:
I just had an issue with one of my WiFi Logger2’s. I was unable to communicate with it at all even though it was online and I could ping it using my Fingbox which showed it communicating.
 I had to power down my Vantage Vue by both removing the power supply and batteries and then power it up again. It then connected and I was able to communicate again with the WiFi Logger 2.
 I suggest you power down your Vantage Pro 2 completely. Remove and reinstall your WiFi Logger 2 and power up  your console and see if that solves the problem.

TMThomson:
Big AlT,

For clarification... just power down the console, remove batteries, remove the logger and plug it back in, then repower. Not reprogram/reconfig the WiFi Logger2 correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version