Author Topic: AcuRite Not Accepting Responsibility WiFi unit no connectivity to WU  (Read 3006 times)

Offline SuperLid

Re: AcuRite Not Accepting Responsibility WiFi unit no connectivity to WU
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 08:24:53 PM »
Nice idea, but it is around $71 USD, shipped from Spain. I would rather invest in something else, and do away with AcuRite forever.

This problem we are dealing with, never should have happened. AcuwRong, should have been proactive and made this junk box usable, in the event WU goes away.

That's just my opinion.

Offline SuperLid

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 08:42:35 PM »
Considering all of the threads I'm seeing and users (including myself) having issues with WU, I wouldn't be so quick to blame AccuRite. 

I personally have had years and years of trouble free usage with AccuRite.  WU...well, it likes to get mental periodically.

They just had a ISP change that has caused connectivity issues over the last few days. 

You might want to read other topics on the subject, just saying.  There are quite a few on this very board at the moment.

In this particular case, AcuRite is at fault due to the methodology used to communicate with WU. It is unique to only this type of device. The 5 in 1 WiFi console.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 09:28:13 PM »
Considering all of the threads I'm seeing and users (including myself) having issues with WU, I wouldn't be so quick to blame AccuRite. 

I personally have had years and years of trouble free usage with AccuRite.  WU...well, it likes to get mental periodically.

They just had a ISP change that has caused connectivity issues over the last few days. 

You might want to read other topics on the subject, just saying.  There are quite a few on this very board at the moment.

In this particular case, AcuRite is at fault due to the methodology used to communicate with WU. It is unique to only this type of device. The 5 in 1 WiFi console.

You keep saying this, but provide no factual evidence.  People are communicating to WU with the WiFi consoles.  Not everyone is having problems.  It's the same with some other brands and models... some aren't communicating properly, some are.

Until wunderground gets their systems working properly, there is little anyone can do.

Offline SuperLid

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2020, 05:07:52 AM »
Now online! [tup]

But for how long?......
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:03:32 AM by SuperLid »

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 10:27:35 AM »
Now online! [tup]

But for how long?......

Like I said in my other post in this thread this has happened before from WU and it probably will happen again . WU says they will work on another update so who knows what will happen next . Maybe all the stations that stay online this time will shut down . Nothing WU does surprises me anymore .

Offline SuperLid

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 06:22:27 AM »
Offline again...

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 06:39:34 AM »
It's been happening all day.  Nothing you can do about it. 

It has nothing to do with Acurite.

Offline bubba zanetti

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »
Forgive my confusion. My Acurite is showing my station ICENTRAL 257 offline. As is Wunderground. New batteries in the Atlas, reset the Access. Nada. Is this because Wunderground is currently having so many problems or do I have another issue?

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 09:07:12 PM »
Forgive my confusion. My Acurite is showing my station ICENTRAL 257 offline. As is Wunderground. New batteries in the Atlas, reset the Access. Nada. Is this because Wunderground is currently having so many problems or do I have another issue?

Sounds like your Access is not getting any signal from your Atlas .  There a red LED light that you can see when looking up at the Atlas is it flashing ? It located in the battery compartment but you can see it flashing at night . If not pull the batteries and reinstall them and make sure the LED light is flashing before you put it back up  .  Also while you doing that check to make sure your Access is seeing your Atlas before putting it back up .

You can open the splash page ( IP address of the Access ) and you will see once it starts reporting there . After reinstalling check you splash page to make sure your still getting a strong signal .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:09:54 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline bubba zanetti

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »

Sounds like your Access is not getting any signal from your Atlas .  There a red LED light that you can see when looking up at the Atlas is it flashing ? It located in the battery compartment but you can see it flashing at night . If not pull the batteries and reinstall them and make sure the LED light is flashing before you put it back up  .  Also while you doing that check to make sure your Access is seeing your Atlas before putting it back up .

You can open the splash page ( IP address of the Access ) and you will see once it starts reporting there . After reinstalling check you splash page to make sure your still getting a strong signal .

Thanks. Have flashing red on Atlas and blue on Access. Strong signal bars but on My AcuRite it shows a red bar offline. Connections are good. Batteries are fresh Lithium. Something is amiss.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2020, 12:10:58 PM »
Is the blue light flashing or on steady with your Access ? Did you look at the splash page and see if your Access is seeing your Atlas ?

Some of the next steps I would take are , unplug your Access and pull the batteries . Wait a couple of minutes and put the batteries back in and re-plug it . Then open the splash page by finding the IP address of your Access . In short open you router page for your home network and find you Access IP address by using the MAC address that's on your Access . Or if your routers a Spectrum  like I have under " Ethernet " you can see it because it will say " Manufacturer Chaney Instrument Co. " 
 . Once you find that copy and paste the IP address in a new browser window . That will show you if your Access is seeing your Atlas and what the signal strength is .

If that working and you still cant see it on your MyAcurite page after 5 minutes you will need to remove the Atlas from your MyAcurite page . Go to Settings then Devices the under MY DEVICES you will see you Atlas I would click on REMOVE . Wait a few minutes and refresh everything on your MyAcurite page and go back to Settings then Devices and at the bottom of the page it will say Available Sensors and you should see your Atlas there and then reinstall it .

If that works you may need to redo your WeatherUnderground info under sharing again . Hope this works for you .   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:14:56 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline bubba zanetti

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2020, 01:05:00 PM »
Thanks Mabcmb. Much appreciated.

Offline Nissan_Ranger

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »
Well.....   I think AcuRite (LOL @ 'Acurong') is firmly off my list as a replacement unit for me...