Author Topic: Davis Still in business?  (Read 338 times)

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
Davis Still in business?
« on: July 09, 2024, 11:21:59 AM »
I have to ask, because a recently sent in a support question and also so questions about purchasing a new weather station, and no respponse on either. A bit disappointing since I have 2 Vantage Pro 2's and need some customer support. But such is the way of many companies today.

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
Re: Davis Still in business?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 12:37:36 PM »
Yes, they're still in business.

Since they were bought by AEM, prices have increased (more than I think is reasonable to adjust for inflation) and their support has been less than awesome.

I keep hoping for a true competitor to emerge. I initially thought WeatherFlow might be up to that challenge but they've dropped the ball on their hardware. Fine Offset has a chance (they're getting closer).

Don't get me wrong, the current Davis products work well (not a fan of the new console though). If you're in the states and are going to by Davis hardware, I'd go with Ryan at scaledinstruments.com

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 01:14:03 PM »
IMO....your best bet is to call them on the phone.  I've done it a few times and they were very helpful.

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 07:14:45 AM »
Thanks for the replies - all helpful and yes I have dealt with Ryan before and he is very helpful.