Author Topic: Does anybody still have the manual for the Trintec Hybrid Analog Barometer?  (Read 170 times)

Offline rikostan

• My Wi-Fi is pine scented.
  • WS90-WS2000 Gateway, Acurite 5-1, Weather Display
    • East Bay Weather
The calibration steps were a bit different and I can't see to remember how to set it up nor find my manual. I reached out to Trintec, but hoping somebody here still has theirs OR remembers what to do. Mine might have died...

Offline rikostan

• My Wi-Fi is pine scented.
  • WS90-WS2000 Gateway, Acurite 5-1, Weather Display
    • East Bay Weather
In case anybody else still has their old Trintec...
"THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING YOUR HYBRID ANALOG BAROMETER. THIS PRODUCT WAS DESIGNED TO GIVE YOU MANY YEARS OF TROUBLE FREE SERVICE AND IT IS SIMPLE TO USE AND ADJUST. THIS PRODUCT REQUIRES 2 ‘AAA’ SIZE ALKALINE OR LITHIUM BATTERIES (LITHIUM RECOMMENDED). EXPECT ONE YEAR OF SERVICE FROM ALKALINE BATTERIES OR 2 YEARS FROM LITHIUM BATTERIES. TO ADJUST YOUR BAROMETER SIMPLY DEPRESS THE SET BUTTON IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE MOVEMENT. WHEN THE BUTTON IS DEPRESSED THE NEEDLE WILL BEGIN TO MOVE IN EITHER A CLOCKWISE OR COUNTER CLOCKWISE DIRECTION. TO MOVE THE NEEDLE IN THE OTHER DIRECTION, RELEASE THE BUTTON AND THEN PUSH IT AGAIN. IF YOU HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN LONG ENOUGH, THE HAND WILL BEGIN TO MOVE MORE RAPIDLY. BY USING A SERIES OF RAPID AND SLOW ADJUSTMENTS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SET YOUR BAROMETER TO A PRECISE SETTING (Set the needle of your barometer to your local barometer setting from the nearest weather station of local airport). ONCE ADJUSTED, YOUR BAROMETER WILL ACCURATELY REACT TO THE SLIGHTEST CHANGE IN PRESSURE.

I thought that was the process, but my barometer wasn't responding, so I wanted to see if I missed anything, I did not.
I asked if they have replacement mechanisms, but I haven't heard back yet, and I severely doubt they will.