Author Topic: Boltek standalone.  (Read 1818 times)

Offline josecmorales

• Senior Contributor
Boltek standalone.
« on: February 12, 2021, 10:45:59 AM »
Hi there.

I want to install a lighting detector, but need to be standalone and send data to internet to shown in a website!, is boltek capable to do that?
Vantage Pro2 + UV, Airlink, Purpleair, Meteobridge.
Twitter: ClimaGuayana
Blitzortung station: 2934
Weatherlink: ClimaGuayana

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
Re: Boltek standalone.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 12:06:22 PM »
All Boltek detectors require a computer as an interface and if you want it on the net, said computer will need to be on at all times to run the software to upload it from.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
    • Live Jupiter, FL Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 01:02:06 PM »
You need to look into Microsferics(coming soon) or Blitzortung(waiting list).

Offline josecmorales

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 01:06:37 PM »
All Boltek detectors require a computer as an interface and if you want it on the net, said computer will need to be on at all times to run the software to upload it from.

John

Wooo bad new for me!

Im in list but dont have any answer, Microsferics sound good!
Vantage Pro2 + UV, Airlink, Purpleair, Meteobridge.
Twitter: ClimaGuayana
Blitzortung station: 2934
Weatherlink: ClimaGuayana

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
    • Live Jupiter, FL Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 01:15:19 PM »
I do believe, however, that the new Microsferics does need a computer as well. I'm sorry, I misread your first post. However, you may be able to look into a mini computer or something like that, just to run the client program. Even Blitzortung needs a power source and network connection, so you you have to be somewhat dependent on that one way or the other. So sorry I misunderstood you.
It took me 2 years to get my Blitzortung.
Microsferics will come pre-assembled and ready to go. Looks like this spring some time. :)
I have been with Microsferics for a long time. My old version still uses my Boltek as an antenna, but the new system doesn't need that.

John

Wooo bad new for me!

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »
I do believe, however, that the new Microsferics does need a computer as well. I'm sorry, I misread your first post. However, you may be able to look into a mini computer or something like that, just to run the client program. Even Blitzortung needs a power source and network connection, so you you have to be somewhat dependent on that one way or the other. So sorry I misunderstood you.
It took me 2 years to get my Blitzortung.
Microsferics will come pre-assembled and ready to go. Looks like this spring some time. :)
I have been with Microsferics for a long time. My old version still uses my Boltek as an antenna, but the new system doesn't need that.

John

Wooo bad new for me!

V5 of the TOA hardware does not require a computer. It simply connects to your router. Orders are now open for the new hardware. Info on ordering can be found on the Astrogenic support forum.

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data