Author Topic: Test USB Data Logger?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline MaverickNH

Test USB Data Logger?
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:03:43 PM »
I'm using my VantageVue with Meteobridge to upload data to Weather Underground. Data upload stopped this morning and the Meteobridge indicates it is not receiving data from the logger.

Is there any way to test from the console alone?

If not, how best to test by connecting USB to PC?

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Test USB Data Logger?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
If you have a Davis logger, perhaps you might use the WeatherLink software that is supplied (free) with it.

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »
Also check that the data logger is still securely pushed into the console. There have been some rare occasions when they work loose and don't quite make contact. You should power the console off before checking this and power it on afterwards.

Good luck.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:38 PM »
You should power the console off before checking this and power it on afterwards.

That means remove the batteries and unplug the AC adapter.

And please let us know what you find out.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »
Each USB port is a separate device so do not neglect to try a different USB port on your computer.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
Each USB port is a separate device so do not neglect to try a different USB port on your computer.

Given MaverickNH's question, what would be tested by doing that?

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:09 AM »
Also check that the data logger is still securely pushed into the console. There have been some rare occasions when they work loose and don't quite make contact. You should power the console off before checking this and power it on afterwards.

Good luck.

I agree, mine is quite loose and does come disconnected, so I have to use a small amount of packing between the logger and the battery cover.
Alan